Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southeast Meet - Sometime in March 2014

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I will hopefully be there, sounds like the SE area could represent a good proportion of GT's

The purpose of organising a Lakeside meet means that even if the numbers are poor theres still a reason for going as there are plenty of meets in and around it GP,Excel and Tottenham are all easily driveable to.
    Totally agree with the above, even if we get 5 or 6 GT's theres plenty of other enthusiasts / Clubs attending other meets within a decent driving distance.

I would like to try get a RR involved somehow, Ash looks like you got your work cut out trying to arrange something to satisfy all.

Punto Enthusiast
    Busy day at work ... hear what everyone is saying.

So, as this will simply be meet, I would like to stick to Lakeside (GP!) for the evening and there's always people who underestimate the GT and like getting blown into the weeds by a 20 yr old fiat!!

Who is up for a RR session? If there are enough, I will speak to Sanspeed in Bexleyheath (any other local RR suggestions?) about hiring their RR for the Saturday afternoon.

We could meet at the RR, drive down to Lakeside, grab a pizza or whatever other cheap restaurant chains they have down there, then join the roundabout races. How does that sound? If people are not up for the RR, they can join at Lakeside for food or later at the general meet?

Punto Lover
    Yeah I'm up for that, got about 5-6 mates who are up for a rr day but not gt's like if there welcome along too?

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Possibly up for lakeside gp :-)

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Wouldn't touch sanspeeds with a barge pole, load of fcuking cowboys. Hayes dynotech in erith is your best bet. Bobby hosted a dyno day there for psc a few years back, laid on some sarnies and the workshop their is massive and immaculate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll go. Haven't been lakeside in years.

Punto Enthusiast
    Ok, didn't realise SanSpeed weren't up to it ... I'll look into Hayes Dynotech, do you know prices?

Can we get a list of confirmed attendees sorted so I can start arranging dyno etc.

Punto Enthusiast
    Right, thanks to Todds recommendation, I have been onto Bob at Hayes Dynotech. Looks like just the ticket for a R/R day.

They only have R/R days on Sundays, and the soonest date they can do is SUNDAY 6th APRIL 2014; arrive 09:30 for 10:00 started.

Details:
    £40 per car on the day; includes one set-up run and 3/4 power runs per car.
    Minimum 10 cars on the day, maximum 20 cars.
    Tea / coffee / biscuits and sarnies are provided.

I will post a further update as Bob is emailing full details.

I will need to leave a £50 deposit once we have confirmed numbers. The fairest way to do this would be once we have 10 runners confirmed, each transfers £5 quid to me and I will then make the deposit, leaving £35 to pay on the day. How does this sound?

Punto Enthusiast
    Details Recevied from Hayes Dynotech:

RR Day @ Dynotech

We can accommodate up to 25 cars for a Rolling Road day. A minimum of 10 cars will be required £40 per car to be paid on the day & a deposit of £50 will be required to secure the day.

The organiser will need a running order for the day...

We will run all transmissions types in order ie, FWD, RWD, 4WD, or vise versa.
    Please keep this in mind when sorting out a running order

Each runner will have to sign a disclaimer before they run & they must check they have plenty of fuel in the car & make sure ALL levels & tyre pressures are correct,

All runners will receive plotted graphs showing Power & Torque. Boost & AFR (where applicable)

A Power Run is not only to see what Power & Torque the car is making but also to check Fuelling & Boost (where applicable) This is more like a health check for you car to make sure it is running as it should.
    Each car will be run on the Dyno 3-5 runs to take an average.

There will be Tea & Coffee on tap all day with some biscuits in the morning & some sandwiches & Pringles for lunch.

We kick off at 9am till we finish.

Regards,
    Bob
    www.hayesdynotech.co.uk

Punto Enthusiast
    Could a mod please change the Thread Title to "Rolling Road day - Sunday 6th April @ Hayes DynoTech, Erith"

Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast