Thread: Mini Cooper

Punto know it all

Mini Cooper

I took one of my friends new style cooper out this weekend.

It's not the 'S' before you ask, it was a normal 1.6 16v cooper with the chili-pack so S wheels, chrome body parts (worst bit) and half leather interior etc (farse...)

anyhow, i really really have to say this is a fun car to drive. The dash/interior is a little odd compared to most agreed, but it makes you look forward to every corner, it handled much better than i ever imagined it would.

the 1.6 16v engine is pokey, but not a rocket. It's fun factor was very appealing to me, the gearbox was nice (apart from reverse, which apparently is a common difficulty to find across the range). If you get the chance, take one for a hack round some country lanes with the windows down...... 8)

soche
    wonder how it compares to the 1.6 16v Stilo's.....

Punto Lover
    Probably a residual value dream compared to a Stilo!!

Having said that, the second hand values look good but consider how much the cars have to be specced up when new, you actually lose quite a bit! So even though the used cars aren't much cheaper than new ones, chances are they've lost a few grand since new.

Anonymous
    One of my mates has just got his Copper S, cost him £18k with the optional extras he chose. I think he's mad, non of them are performance mods either, things like climate control.

I'm going to see him this coming weekend so will try and get a drive of it !

Punto know it all
    i think you'll be supprised by the grip into bends.

Vibrio
    friend at work got one. it's gay, still ride in fact bone shaking, cramped interior, like the switches though ont he centre consol

Punto Lover
    nice looking cars but get beaten by Skoda's....diesel ones at that lol

stern
    I drove my mums all last week, they like to be pushed upto the higher revs, not impressed by the lowend but it's faster than my 60 so I'm not complaining, the handling is superb take the twistys as if they're not there the interior is a bit more cramped than the punto but IT'S A MINI! :P

Devon
    strictly speakin its a bmw

Anonymous
    Went out in my mates Cooper S, but because it has so few miles on the clock he had to keep the revs down.

Still corners likes its on rails, very very very good cornering !!

Lovely interior, a bit small, but generally fantastic.

£18k is £4k too much for one of those though.