Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fast & Furious Star Paul Walker - Dead :(

Punto know it all

Fast & Furious Star Paul Walker - Dead :(

A mate justed texted me this sad news. Cant believe it but Ive checked on the news and its true.

He was passenger in a friends Porsche Carrera GT when it hit a lamp post.

There will be some fall out from this......
    Last edited by clarkster; 2nd December 2013 at 09:50.

Odd that nobody has replied Stuart!

Massive loss to folk my sort of age, rank way to go just hope it was quick and on impact.

Punto know it all
    It might take a while to filter through the car community. I thought it was a wind up when I got the text.

I think the Porsche being left hand drive and Paul reportedly being a passenger would have meant that after hitting the lamp post on the passenger side (and it seems to be at considerable speed if you look at how split the car was afterwards - it looked twice the length of a normal Porsche) he would have been knocked unconscious or at least lets hope thats what happened - the alternative isnt worth thinking about. Ive seen footage on You Tube taken as the car was burning and you cannot hear any calls for help from inside the vehicle which to my mind is a blessing.

The driver was a friend and pro racing driver so heaven knows what happened, mechanical failure? too much speed, did he flip it on one of those small rumble bumps you can see fixed onto the road surface? Hit a patch of oil maybe?

I went to look for Fast 1 on DVD on ebay yesterday as I thought i needed to watch the original and the best film again and all I found were loads of Paul Walker RIP car stickers! I'm not against the stickers - I think they are a nice idea and I will be getting a couple for the Punto BUT they have appeared very quickly when the guys only just passed away and thats what I find a bit tasteless. Like people arent concerned so much that he is gone but that they have to make that very last dollar/pound.

I only saw Paul in the Fast movies and also Eight Below about his love of and the rescue of some sledding dogs. Think that was a 2008 film.

Universal had planned to take the Fast films to 10 in total because they were such massive hits. Filming was already underway on Fast 7 but how far they got with Pauls scenes I dont know and I dont know where the franchise can go from here as I dont think they would be the same without O'Connor in them. Always loved to watch the fighting, the laughing, the cussing and of course the driving between Dom and Brian.

Some great pics up on his facebook..........
    Last edited by clarkster; 2nd December 2013 at 09:57.

Punto know it all

Punto Lover
    Thankfully I have the box set of fast and furious already as like you said they are great films.

I think they will have to carry on maybe with fast 7 as its already started and thrown about a lot. Weather they start again or use a hologram for him is unknown.

I watched a film with him in last night.

Shame he had been to go so early, in the words of Johnny Tren - Too soon jr, too soon!

Actually (and surprisingly) gutted.

Dont care what anyone says, I've been a Fast n Furious fanboy since i had the bootleg of the 1st film before it came out, where all the soundtrack and half the sound effects were missing from the edit.

They say they were halfway thru filming the 7th film, so i reckon they may alter the script, like send him away or kill him off and have a tribute in there... I dunno, just a guess.

I think to replace him with a hologram is lacking respect in my eyes. Hope they don't do that!

Punto Lover
    Just had a quick look and he had filmed most of his scenes so it may all happen in the endding. Im sure someone will say something abouts whats going to happen sooner or later

Punto know it all
    Yeah maybe Vin will come forward shortly with a statement. Very sad for his 15 year old daughter and her step mom left behind.

Nice reference to Johnny Tran.

Hopefully they serve "toona" up there somewhere.......on white, no crust.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Yep very sad news, fast and furious films made modifying a massive thing again. The guys a legend to car enthusiasts, a great loss.

I was watching an interview with him yesterday, and he is also a pro racing driver, and the friend that died also was a business partner. But the Carrera gt has a rep for being a ruthless car.

TBH Stuart I think its been pretty difficult to miss the news, our lass text me early Saturday morning and my newsfeed was already rammed with pics, posts and links to the news, my Tumblr feed was just Paul Walker for most of the day! Its immensely sad, an icon for young men in what will be a timeless film deep into the future. If a credible sticker comes to light I may be interested, Paul Walker is a cultural icon for my generation.

Its quite obvious the car was going too fast, we've all seen videos of supercar owners showing off as they leave events in the USA, especially California.

I have found reading American reports to be absolutely disgusting, american journalism is so below par, a real let down.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast