Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New menber from Denmark

Just some progress so far, day one.

And the old radiator need to be change

Need a new oil cooler, the pipes are leaking.
    Next to night the engine is going out.
    Last edited by Omfufu; 2nd April 2014 at 17:00.

Well i have not been very active on the forum latly, but here is a few pictures, and progress so far.

The engine have been pulled out to sort out the oil leaks, by doing this we found a few mistakes made by last owner that needed to be curected, nothing serius, most of it was due to wrong oilfeeds to turbo and a few other bits.
    The engine out, ready to be cleaned up a little, only the top have been rebuild.

Other then the small mishaps the progress is slow, by any standards, my mecanik have been home sick, so not much progress.

The new albow from unoturbodk did not fit "out of the box" there was no clearence to the cooling on the alternator, but i belive we get rid of the cooling assembly, and it will fit no problem. This will give it 2,5" all the way from turbo to the end pipe.

Also got a new radiator
    brembo sport discs in the front, standard dics in the rear
    electronic boost controller: Gizzmo MS-IBC
    Johnson G-Maxx suspension:

I was really hoping i gould get the car to MOT just about now, 1st of june, but it will be another 2-3 weeks i think

The icing on the cake must be the first half payment on new Eibach Antirollbar, we have on a groupbuy on facebook, but it will be about 12 weeks before deliver, but thats ok, by then my car should be running

Ohh i forgot...
    I actually found the old sales advert on a danish fiatclub forum, and this gives me allmost 100% history on the car, only missing the women that bourgt the car from new.

the advert and some pictures can be seen here http://www.fiatklubdanmark.dk/forum/...hp?f=8&t=15678 its in danish, but the owner list down when timing belt etc had been changed, and he did change alot on the car and its only 25-30k km since then, so iam good for a good time

Punto know it all
    Looks well looked after.

I can only make out a few words... RUST, being one of them lol.

Rust is really not a issue on this car
    Only rust there where was fixed by previus owner, and doing that, he had the carpets and seats out, and there were nothing other then the plates where you jack the car up.

The paint is beginning to bobble just a little, but that is a easy fix when i respray the car next year.

Now my attention is to get it running and drive it this summer and have a blast.
    Respray may starts in the winter if i have the money for it

Well bad news. The workshop that have had my car is now closed and I have found a new place where my gt can be finnished. It's called all in racecars, and they build big us dragsters. So i belive they are the right ones to make a punto go a little faster.
    I found out all my hoses needs to be replaced so I had to order full set of hoses from roosemotorsport, including cooling, auxiliaries and induction hoses. So a 414 quit setback. Haha.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Well a small update.

Car is running, and its got MOT and got licensplate, insurence etc.

Still needs to get installed wideband, seb4, fmic,boost and oilpresure gauges, pictures will come when i get home.

Been driving the car for 2 weeks now, running great, had a over fueling issue among other things, but manege to get it fixed by replacing org. recirk valve to my Forge DV

Well a small update.

Car is running, and its got MOT and got licensplate, insurence etc.

Still needs to get installed wideband, seb4, fmic,boost and oilpresure gauges, pictures will come when i get home.

Been driving the car for 2 weeks now, running great, had a over fueling issue among other things, but manege to get it fixed by replacing org. recirk valve to my Forge DV

this is how its looks now. need to lower it a bit in the back, and need a few orther Things.
    slowly getting there

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast