Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Poly rear gearbox mounts

Punto know it all
    I had mine on for about 500 miles (from new) then sold it last month to Damien.

I had the fast road version and on newish engine mounts with one of these it was far too noisy with lots of vibration through the whole car for my fussy tastes.

At first the vibrations were like really bad mainly at idle and when pulling off in 1st gear, then the vibes got less the higher up the box you went. The drivetrain felt rock solid at first and it was nice so I was in two minds at the start to put up with the vibes if the payback was the engine was held in place firmer.

I broke it in as advised by Pete over a few weeks and the vibes reduced slightly but then the motor didnt feel any firmer than std then .

If like me you like lazy driving sometimes you wont like this mount as you will get bad vibrations through the car if you leave it in gear at low revs rather than change down. In 1st gear too pulling away i found myself over revving it to avoid or reduce the vibration when letting the clutch in.

This is horses for courses. It just wasnt my bag and I am glad i went back to the std Fiat mount. Nice and smooth and quiet again. Gave it a go but it didnt suit me. You might love it. I think Lance likes his so youll always get different views.

If you try it yourself and dont like it there will always be somebody else willing to buy it off you for roughly what it cost you
    Last edited by clarkster; 19th February 2014 at 08:29.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12