Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Possible next project 4WD 16vt?

Punto Lover

Possible next project 4WD 16vt?

I found a 16vt engine, and an alfa 155 q4 full transmission, with all supports ready to fit. Should I give this a try with another shell?

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    If your serious, then yes. But so many people have said they will do it and there are still none, that I'm aware of, in the uk

Punto know it all
    Truth be told though Todd, us brits are too scared to attempt anything that's why the craziest cars are on the continent and we follow suit if they succeed lol

Punto Enthusiast
    Defiantly go for it

Punto Lover
    Hahaha thats right. I must get all the info I can to fit the 16vt engine first then.
    Time to study a bit

Punto Lover
    Well, just 5 minutes thinking, and I think It would be less expensive to buy a punto with a 16vt engine already fitted. It will be even cheaper to go to the UK to get one and bring it to Spainistan by ferry. I can get the transmision and save a lot of time. Will keep searching.

Punto know it all
    Sounds good but what about mounts for prop, exhaust relocation, fuel tank, and will a punto rear end handle any power through it or will it twist up and chew you up and spit you out like a brussell sprout lol

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by gt1-jamie View Post
    Sounds good but what about mounts for prop, exhaust relocation, fuel tank, and will a punto rear end handle any power through it or will it twist up and chew you up and spit you out like a brussell sprout lol
    Hahahahahahaha XD

The most difficult part is to install the rear mounts properly, otherwise the car wont go straight.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Cut the spare wheel well out and weld in a solid plate at the back, that way you have a good flat platform to mount the rear diff on

I would of thought a bare non messed with shell and then the engine and transmission as a starting point would make more sense from a fabrication point of view.

A proper job would require a full cage and also aid in mointing the running gear underneith. It wouldn't be simple, easy or cheap either.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast