Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: how do you launch your GT

Vibrio

how do you launch your GT

accorrding to debo I cannot launch a GT. I admit it usually takes me a few goes to get it right as I don;t drive the car as often as I like nor do I drag race away rom lights like he probably does.

so please let me know how you launch a GT properly.

maybe Debo could point me in the right direction. it's all very well saying I cannot launch but I feel he should point me int he right direction.

here is a video of a low 15s 1/4 mile. apart from a bit of bogging down at the start can someone tell me what else is wrong.

http://www.poah.co.uk/puntompeg/st2201.mpg

You slip the clutch like a mother ****er, and STILL bog down

Post the vid of you getting smoked by the Cupra-R, same story again !

You need to dab the throttle and keep the revs between 2.5-3k and get off the clutch as fast as you can, you can actually balance the car on the accelerator pedal so you don't wheelspin.

I can take you a picture of a clutch that's just come out of my car, and it's only doen a few thousand miles... it's still like new
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Vibrio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    You slip the clutch like a mother fu***r, and STILL bog down

Post the vid of you getting smoked by the Cupra-R, same story again !
    explain slip the clutch. I balanced the throttle with the clutch so that I try not to bog down but don;t rev so much either. is this wrong. should I just dump the clutch and plant the accelerator when the lights go green and just hope the tyres don't spin. can you video you driving a punto so that I can learn from someone as great as you

in the cupra R vid I bog down then just press the accelerator.

p.s did you know that ST220 mondeo got smoked 4 times in a row by me

Punto know it all
    FFS - BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE **** UP AND KEEP YOUR FLIRTING TO MSN MESSENGER

I've edited my post above, it now gives you a sensible answer...
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    here we go again.....

Up your ringer
    Personally i don't think malcoms launch wasn't that bad.

However, try that technique with a paddle clutch, and it ain't gonna happen.

Nightmare they are

Vibrio
    so balance the throttle and clutch till say around 15mph then dump the clutch and floor the throttle

nakajima
    hold it on the Handbrake and try and get a bite on the clutch. my 14.9 was that way. dont just dump the clutch as Most GT's will spin but dont ride the clutch like Zoro either. my 0 > 60ft's are **** so i'm not the best to advise. i could tell you how to reide a bike but it means nothing when you get on the saddle. practice makes perfect, i definately need more of this.

Vibrio
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    FFS - BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE f**k UP AND KEEP YOUR FLIRTING TO MSN MESSENGER

I am being serious here Phill. Debo can obviously drive better than me so I want to learn how he does it

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast