Thread: Burnt Orange GT3

Punto know it all

Burnt Orange GT3

Heads up on R53 HHP

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ry-item-full-2

I owned this car for a short period in 2009(ish from memory) and sold it to a lad in Bolton. it had the noisier uprated fuel pump for sure. everything worked fine.

it had the rear abarth spoiler when i owned it and i think it was probably fitted when new as the paint match was faultless.

not sure what the owner is saying about the boost and getting a bleed valve- this car was set up fine but it might have changed hands since then and been messed with. uf the boost isnt right then i would buy a dawes.

I cant recall the mileage when I sold her but it certainly didnt get an engine rebuild at 80k in my possession (i cant recall if it was higher or lower than 80k when I sold it but 76k rings a bell) and the previous owner I bought it off didnt mention any rebuild. Im not saying it hasnt had the work just that for such a claim I would expect the seller to be able to supply paperwork to confirm. the engine seemed healthy enough and strong when i sold the car so if my guess of the mileage is about right at 76k then im surprised that a rebuild was necessary in the space of a possible 4k.
    its now on 100k apparently. i wish i still had my copy of the sales receipt I wrote up which would have shown the mileage. it didnt smoke or drop boost or anything so why the rebuild 4000 miles after I sold it? the mileage was defo no less than 73k (i had a couple of GTs at this time and so the mileages are all a blur) so some detective work might be necessary to confirm this rebuild.
    the car had at least 3 or 4 months of MOT left when I sold it in July 2009 and the certificate will confirm the mileage so if the mileage jumps back between newer MOT certificates then be wary.

bodywork when I owned it was very good and it still look nice today (although it seems the front slats have now been cut out of the bumper). no rust under the doors and rear arches were still good.if she has been looked after and only covered 24k in just over 3 years she should still be mint.

all the steering and standard suspension felt the best I have experienced in a GT which said a lot about the mounts on the rear subframe but of course we are now 3 years on from then. it drove rock solid no veering or crashiness. under the bonnet was mint and it had no signs of any crash damage. underneath was solid.

if the rebuild is true then this is a great GT. if they cant prove the rebuild then take caution as they might be masking a problem. the drive should reveal any problems.

this car was advertised here in July 2009 if you got back and check but its a shame the ebay link no longer works unless they can be contacted for the information? i gave it a thorough description including mileage.
    Last edited by clarkster; 10th June 2012 at 06:55.

Punto Enthusiast
    It's a great colour.

engine rebuild, cracked windscreen and not exhaust ..

not good for me :/

What's wrong with the engine being rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

What confirmation I have that it was done properly??

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    What confirmation I have that it was done properly??
    Well of course, some kind of proof should be provided. I don't think you should dismiss it out of hand purely because it's stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Enthusiast
    I messaged this guy last night as he is only 20 mins away from me. He hasn't got any paperwork, said that he's only had the car six months with just a log book and he can't afford to re insure it.

Don't know if I could trust it without paperwork like u guys said.

How come you sold it clarkster?
    Last edited by GT3guy; 11th June 2012 at 09:30.

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    no paperwork = eh ohhh

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by blackGT2 View Post

Don't know if I could trust it without paperwork like u guys said.

How come you sold it clarkster?
    i was making a bit of cash on the side - at the time I had another in this same colour R277 GOK. i bought R53 cheap and sold it on after a month. basically i valeted it and then made some profit on it. try doing that these days!

yeah without paperwork caution is needed - the engine might be running sweet just that the buyer is throwing the rebuild in as a sales line to try and keep the price up to where he wants it. so its changed hands since i sold to the one guy.....

i would look at the car go out it in and if all was well make an offer.
    Last edited by clarkster; 11th June 2012 at 23:42.