Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Esseesse...

Punto Sports Club Member

Esseesse...

Some may call me foolish, however it fits the criteria perfectly.

I have been crying out for boost or at least something more pokey than the 1.2 Corsa handed down to me by mummy. However it has done 145k and is on its last legs. Its failed MOT was the catalyst to investigate whats out there for me.

I drew up a short list but every time I looked I came back to the Esseesse(even though double the price of everything else). Nothing else would do and nothing else but black with Monza alloys and Monza exhaust. After much searching it seems Black 500 Esseesse's are like rocking horse poo, they are all white! So to see this one for sale with the correct wheels etc and with the day to myself I drove the 40 miles, saw it, creamed my pants, test drove it and creamed my pants once more.

Picking it up this evening. Its done 13k with a service just done by a fiat dealer+another already paid for.

They idea is, that unless I have kids, this is it for a good few years. Something nippy with some creature comforts.

Right, now to change to a fresh pair of boxers.

Punto know it all
    Very nice, debo will have to change his pants too!

Only bit I'm not too sure about is the rear lights :/

Noice!

Monza zorst ftw!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Enthusiast
    Ooooooooo, s'nice!

Good job you didn't buy it from Bauer Millett's - it's like an Aladdins cave in there!

I fancy another one, with half a cage in the back and the Sabelt seats!!

They get expensive these littl'uns..
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Very good Rich!

Lets see some proper piccies when you have it!

Brummy bummer
    Bought the misses a new car I see! Good choice, makes a change from seeing white ones all the time.

Mega! I would have made the same choice with the same criteria.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    Very nice, debo will have to change his pants too!

Only bit I'm not too sure about is the rear lights :/
    To be honest, I hadnt really noticed them, was to busy spunking over the exhaust popping and burbling on the over run.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Good job you didn't buy it from Bauer Millett's - it's like an Aladdins cave in there!

I fancy another one, with half a cage in the back and the Sabelt seats!!

They get expensive these littl'uns..
    No modifying going on here matey. keeping it cleeeaaannn

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    Bought the misses a new car I see! Good choice, makes a change from seeing white ones all the time.
    It had to come from somewhere didnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    Mega! I would have made the same choice with the same criteria.
    That sir, is because you have fantastic taste.

Punto Sports Club Member
    So a quick review now I have wracked up a couple of miles.

Non sports mode
    Non sports mode is bizarrely like driving a GT with a big turbo. Very very sluggish, almost lazy as if its saying "unless you abuse me- I’m doing nothing for you!". This mode is supposedly to encourage more economical driving. Having said that if you do put your foot down it picks up very nicely and boosts to around 0.8bar and pulls very well.

Sports mode
    Obviously this is a different kettle of fish, instant throttle response. You could be in non sports mode in 3rd at 30mph and a flick of the sports button without any additional throttle from the right foot will take it to being almost on boost. This feels much better, even for town driving. Everything just happens so much quicker. Boost spikes at 1.2bar and again pulls very nicely.

Handling and ride
    Put simply- harsh but effective. Unfortunately the roads around Watford are shocking and the Esseesse just highlights it even more, however I am happy to put up with it as the car just oozes confidents in its handling ability. Very grippy! Admittedly I haven’t “had it” around many corners as of yet…but what’s the rush, its all about the foreplay right?

Exhaust
    I have had about 4000000000 different exhausts on various different cars over the past few years and have never managed to get this tone. It sounds tuned but not boy racer tuned. It burbles but not OTT like a Magnex twin DTM. You can’t hear it in the car unless you are giving it large but even when you cant hear it, you know whoever is walking past is thinking, that sounds pretty nice. The highlight ….the over run. It pops and splutters like a saucy little minx you have met on a night out, very arousing, I am never going to get bored of that.

Overall second impressions are good. Can’t help having the cheesy grin you have the first time you own your own car that has a bit of boost….my god I have missed it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast