Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What car for £10k max?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Since changing from having the GT and the GTV (daily) both on the road to having a 156 Sportwagon and my track Coupe, Im saving shedloads of money on modifying a road car.

The track car is at a decent spec (300bhp Coupe), top notch suspension, ARBs, all new bushes and wishbones etc, wheels and brakes.

After the initial outlay they are cheap to look after as long as you service before the track day and generally look after them.

Definately the way forward.

Anyway, only idiots buy fast road cars, you cant use them or youll be locked up. Fo sho.
    meh im clearly a nutter then 250hp punto track car and a modded evo it does however explain y i am skint

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Since changing from having the GT and the GTV (daily) both on the road to having a 156 Sportwagon and my track Coupe, Im saving shedloads of money on modifying a road car.

The track car is at a decent spec (300bhp Coupe), top notch suspension, ARBs, all new bushes and wishbones etc, wheels and brakes.

After the initial outlay they are cheap to look after as long as you service before the track day and generally look after them.

Definately the way forward.

Anyway, only idiots buy fast road cars, you cant use them or youll be locked up. Fo sho.
    You could be onto something here Tom

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.432847,0.212049

Punto know it all
    What about the S14a that your feeling ? lol

Punto Sports Club Member
    have you looked into the mk2 focus st? i see an st-2 going the other day with 65k for 6k, there lovely to drive

Punto Enthusiast
    im pretty obcessed with a newish punto abarth! But that doesnt really tick a fun box.. i think its on 170bhp! look so good though...

everything else i wouldve said has pretty much already been said! you can get alot of 10k... you can also get **** all for it too, a girl i work with just spend 12k on a diesel mini .............

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    What about the S14a that your feeling ? lol
    Read the 1st post nob jockey.............. its the first suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ash_da_tash View Post
    have you looked into the mk2 focus st? i see an st-2 going the other day with 65k for 6k, there lovely to drive
    only issue i have with them is that they are everywhere. there's 3 down my road alone

Punto Enthusiast
    My choice would be mk1 focus rs or corsa vxr. Nice interior and with a few tweaks both quick enough to enjoy. Although I doubt many will agree lol

corsa vxr is too small.

Punto Sports Club Member
    lol they are pretty common mate thats why I bought mine in red coz i havent seen many red ones, would definatly recommend though pal

Punto Lover
    Megane r26's look awesome, Audi S3, Civic type R?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast