Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What car for £10k max?

Punto Enthusiast
    Clio v6 not that fast but i fo have a soft spot for them a real future classic i think

Punto know it all
    theres quite a few cars from that era that are going to be future classics imo alfa 156 gt & 147 gta, v6 clio, mk1 frs as all of these were made in small numbers and they are still holding good money now

Spend £2k on a track day car. Get a decent daily driver that you dont modify.

Way cheaper in the long run and WAY more fun than driving fast on the roads.
    Punto Gt no more!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    Im looking for a car around 7k and the usual suspects i keep looking at are focus st astra vxr nissan 350z mini cooper s works, none are those are to some people tastes but im looking for newish reliable daily drive that i could do the odd track day a year in, think for te price and because of age need for cheap insurance the above tick the boxs. If insurance isnt an issue though think you be hard pushed to beat te all round package evo and scoobs offer, although if high mileage doesnt put you off 04 plates m3 can be had for 10k
    You've hit the nail on the head.....i want a reasonably new(ish) car that isnt gonna cost me a bomb, but I can take to the ring once a year, but also get kids in the back. Im trying to get away from the Evo idea, only due to running costs. I have a house that I own, and I want to spend money on it, so don't want a car that will swallow up all my spare cash.

Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    Scooby P1.

I have a thing for the older scoobys, McRae influenced me.
    over rated IMO, plus scoobs in general are a clit car

Quote Originally Posted by shorty2289 View Post
    evo simple as had an awesome time in teh snow in mine today
    as above, im trying to avoid evo if possible, i know it makes sense but i dont wanna spend all my spare cash on a car, which i know i will if i get an evo

Quote Originally Posted by F 7URK View Post
    What about a phase 1 Clio v6
    crap imo, massively unpractical and have the worst turning circle in pretty much motoring history lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Spend £2k on a track day car. Get a decent daily driver that you dont modify.

Way cheaper in the long run and WAY more fun than driving fast on the roads.
    This is another option i'm considering. The misses wants an A4, so buy her one and then buy a cheap french track car

Nobody rating the Megane R26?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    as above, im trying to avoid evo if possible, i know it makes sense but i dont wanna spend all my spare cash on a car, which i know i will if i get an evo
    haha yeah they do seem to have that affect spent fortunes on mine mainly on fuel

Punto Enthusiast
    I had a scooby myself, as much as i loved it and it was good for everything speed/practicality i wouldnt go back to one i dont think was killing me to run it as a daily hack! Plenty more about then what i mentioned its just from what ive seen there good for 7k budget at 10k options change again i suppose. I can be dead set im going to buy a certain car today, talk to me tomorrow i will have completly changed my mind lol

I'm exactly the same.

Ive been dead set on a E39 M5 until now lol

This is another option i'm considering. The misses wants an A4, so buy her one and then buy a cheap french track car

Nobody rating the Megane R26?
    Since changing from having the GT and the GTV (daily) both on the road to having a 156 Sportwagon and my track Coupe, Im saving shedloads of money on modifying a road car.

The track car is at a decent spec (300bhp Coupe), top notch suspension, ARBs, all new bushes and wishbones etc, wheels and brakes.

After the initial outlay they are cheap to look after as long as you service before the track day and generally look after them.

Definately the way forward.

Anyway, only idiots buy fast road cars, you cant use them or youll be locked up. Fo sho.
    Punto Gt no more!

I'm exactly the same.

Ive been dead set on a E39 M5 until now lol
    MEGA expensive to run. I looked into one as you can pick them up so cheap these days.
    Punto Gt no more!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast