Thread: Fiat Cunto Van

Punto Enthusiast

Fiat Cunto Van

Right - I've done quite a bit to this ol' tank..... just after a lil advise.

Should I tint the rear window, or vinyl str8 over it? I have also seen the 'proper' van grille and aren't sure what to do next (other than fit wood and carpet in the rear for the dog).

Shot at 2012-01-07

Shot at 2012-01-07

Wind deflectors and HIDs now fitted.... I did contact a company to vinyl the bonnet and roof - just waiting on a response because they're hard to paint and get a nice finish with rattle cans

Punto know it all
    My only advise would be to consider a more memorable web site name, as if I saw you driving and I was interested, I wouldn't have a chance in hell of remembering all that.

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeah I have thought about that... for now, I'm just 'local' and small. I do a lot of running, and park it next to roundabouts, and the main A12/A47 for an hour while out training...

Even parking it on the main road (next to mine) generates phone calls surprisingly. I've pulled up at friends houses, and I'll get a phone call with a car parked next to it. But yeah, a co.uk would do more favourably.

I'll see what my money is like this year - most of my earnings goes on buying ECU's off ebay and scrapyards so I can learn more. Other than that - its business cards, t shirts, mugs, banners, pens, and all other promotional stuff to keep the calls coming in :-)

Punto Enthusiast
    *suppose I could pull off the 'http' bit as it isn't needed

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    tuneitup.org is avalible for 2 years at 20 quid. get that.

if i was looking i wouldn't even entertain that address.

Punto Enthusiast
    I doubt I'll be changing it for the next few months at least - but cheers, I'll have a nosey at the .org and other ones (I saw them on a site at some business seminar thingy).

Software update was £1600 for new cars like Focus ST checksum families, New Volvo, VAG, Peugeot, Citroen, BMW etc... those payments start this year - and I'm still owing £1000 on my newest remapping tool. So I'm still yet to profit from the last 7 years of learning and buying equipment.

Hopefully I'll have a fairly good year, doing servicing and diagnostic fault reading again - so I'll be able to pay for a decent domain... maybe even change the wording slightly and get a .co.uk or .com for myself

But - I also want a better (more professional) website designed at some point... so its all 'spend spend spend'

Jack it in and get a job at Tesco's at least you'll earn money ;p

Punto Enthusiast
    No way!! Ha!

I obviously earn - or I'd have no house/internet/car/clothes/food etc.

Winter is supposed to be a crap time of year, and I had quite a few different cars visit me. Focus 1.6, Focus 1.8, 2008 BMW 3.0 diesel that two big companies near to me couldn't 'crack', BMW Mini Cooper S, BMW Mini Cooper S (2009 that is supposedly tamper proof), Saxo VTR (easy peasy Bosch), erm - had a 306gti last Saturday, Golf 1.9tdi few days ago. Waiting on a 5 series beemer - but thats a friend, so i'm just charging him for the file.

Today for example - once I've ran Dickhead (my staffy)... I'll be studying two Peugeot EDC16 ecu's, because I want everything in my head. When I've finished with those (EDC16 C34) I will get a couple 'original' EDC16 U1 (vag) files and study the whole file. even maps I don't always adjust like EGR and rail pressure - its nice compiling everything because the more I learn... the more I earn!

Makes sense spending on good equipment (as opposed to ebay crap), and buying ECUs from scrapyards - because the money I earn is mine after working on a car.

(oh - i've got two slavetools coded to me for sale, but i should probably post that in the 'sale' section)