Thread: Wax on Wax off

Wax on Wax off

Saturday I went Mr Myagi on its ass!

Interesting in using my new wax purchase and getting some cleaning done before its really too shitty to do it!

Wax ON, Waaaax OORF!

Quite dutteh!

Blasted the muck off with good old H20

Obligatory snow foam

Awwwwsome!

Wheels still strutting decent protection a'la Deboraaah!

The roof

After a thorought wheel wash, two buckets for the panels and windows with Dodo Juice supernatual I gave it a quick clay, think its Meguirs, fook knows... black box?

As you can see, not alot of crap came off, just dirty cus im **** at washing!

Went for a brew and grab the Naviwax, JDM to fook!

Pretty shiney beforehand, still sporting the Dodo hybrid

Wax on... Came with a very absorbent applicator, just leaked through so I had a super slippy, greasey pervert hand :s

Wax off...

One from the drive home, not that great, no tripod...

Next day I just happened upon some quiet country lanes... Before doing my best to undo my hard graft I fired off some quick snaps!

Had to break the HDR out because the weather was so dull!

On the next purchase are some better wheel brushes and dingleberry stuff Debs uses!
    Last edited by Superman; 3rd December 2011 at 12:50.

Great work Daniel'san!

To take care of those big ass spokes I used a Valet Pro large detailing brush, and to get through to the backs an EZ Detail large wheel brush. T'was good to see the beadage on the roof when you rinsed it to show the protection still working - though when you clayed the bad boy you'd have stripped it off, but at least you replaced it with the Naviwax. You'll need to keep on top of that every 2-3 months mate!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    Whats with the lighting in the garage?

Yeah I intend to Matt, if I can borrow a garage with a little more room I would get a couple of layers on and keep it up! Would of black holed the bastard if had an extra hour!

Strange wax though, not like any Dodo I have used in the past...

Cal: Garage was new last year, the rope light goes up around the borderof the house and windows at Christmas and it was that long it went around the garage too and into the garage where the plug is. For my brothers 21st we wrapped it up like that to increase party space and it just stayed. Roof needed re-doing which has just been completed before the Old Boy puts any strip lights up!

Punto Lover
    love love LOVE it

Brummy bummer
    Lighting in the garage is mint lol. Looks FIT Daniel-san. Did you know you were stripping the wax off with the clay? Something to watch out for and make sure your snow foam isn't too strong either Personally I think snow foam works better on a dry car, but the big D is the Pro!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    You know what I like the front a lot. But i think the side/rear angle shot is too red.

Personally i think it needs a little more black in there to break it up.

Brummy bummer
    It will have the rear badges back on soon!

Yeah, need the boot lid and rear wing spraying first though, signs of bubbling under the nearside wing end plate which is a guarantee on Evo8s for some reason, and the laq on the wing blade has gone through as of the summer so it needs a quick blow over too.

Then put carbon badges on y0000!!!

Brummy bummer
    Badges are sick blud. Good job you bought them when you did considering what you told me t'other day! They must trap water in that little gap where the spoiler meets the wing.