Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Integra

Punto Lover
    I was after something that would give the kind of power delivery I get now on the Punto (Seb2 setup).

I've had a Clio 172 and that was flat, great round corners but just not me. I was looking at a DC5, I've also read on quite a few forums that the Civic Type R was a toned down version of the Teg

Punto know it all
    DC5 looks great but the vtec just isn't as exciting. K-series is a fantastic engine with more potential but it loses the rawness which is what makes the DC2.

Agree, B series engines are more like race car engines than K-series.

Civic Type-R and Integra Type-R (EP3 vs DC5) are different cars. They have different chassis. No way is the EP3 a toned down version. It's the same engine, but not got an LSD, and it's in a totally different chassis. The DC5 also has hydraulic power steering, giving it much more feel than the widely criticised electric power steering from the EP3.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Civic Type-R and Integra Type-R (EP3 vs DC5) are different cars. They have different chassis. No way is the EP3 a toned down version. It's the same engine, but not got an LSD, and it's in a totally different chassis. The DC5 also has hydraulic power steering, giving it much more feel than the widely criticised electric power steering from the EP3.
    keep seeing a blue dc5 round my way seems to have had a fair bit done lca's coilovers ect, and my god it went round some country road bends quick there was a yamaha r6 behind it and me behind that, the dc5 just took off and the bike was giving it some to keep up finished my day off lovely that did .. i really like the dc5's bloody wicked cars wish i bought one

Brummy bummer
    Most bikers are too scared to give it hell on the twisties. Don't blame them tbh given the consequences of getting it wrong lol.

Punto Lover
    I'd have to get the DC5 cause its the only one out of the two that come in blue.

Kyle I still need to see you.

So I take it that Cal has driven both? If so, if you had a choice which one?

Brummy bummer
    Yes mate I haven't forgotten, I am busy this weekend and I don't know about next yet but I will let you know. There is always Jamie's IF (and that'sa big if) I bring the RS.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    I'd have to get the DC5 cause its the only one out of the two that come in blue.

Kyle I still need to see you.

So I take it that Cal has driven both? If so, if you had a choice which one?
    No I haven't, only driven (and owned the DC2). Been out in DC5's though. The DC5 is a newer more modern car but it just wouldn't be as fun for me. It's a car for fun so it fails compared to the DC2.

Considered EK9 Type R??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast