Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiesta 16v.... hmm....

Up your ringer

Fiesta 16v.... hmm....

Today on the way home from work i decided to go for a quiet little drive, and a fiesta apeared behind me.

RS shaped, (as far as i know) with the square foglights.

He gave it some ****, and so did i, and i was quite amazed to not be pulling away that much....

We get onto a dualcarigeway, and boot it, there was a few cars in the way so i couldn't get past him, as it was too dangerous.

He flashed the hazzards when i was at the bottom of the hill as in to say 'well done, better luck next time'

At the bottom of the hill there is a big **** off flyover, that has trafficlights and i was 2 cars back. I stuck my thumb up, and he did the same, then i gestured for him to open the window.

We then proceded to have a 'chat' (actaully a 'shout') down the traffic.
    I asked him what he had done, and he just told me 'The usuall, filter, exhaust, and a 'new ecu'' I am guessing this was a remap of some sort. When i shouted 'hybrid?' he said nah mate, not a turbo, at which point i was rather embarrased on how i did.

He said that it was pushing about 150bhp, and was quite shocked when i told him what mine got last year. Anyway, he said 'go again?' at which point we went back round the roundabout and had another go.....

This time, going up the hill i went flying past, but not half as fast as i would expect!!!

That thing had some serious power for what it was, and i think that a seb gt would have been about even if not behind!!!

Whats the word on these '1.8 16v' then?

Punto Lover
    the only 1.8 16v fiesta i know of ? XR2I ?? square fogs . rare little things and nippy

Up your ringer

That shaped muther****er.

Looked 'different' if you get me?

J a m e s
    people drop 2l 16vs in, also the rs1800 is nippy but not GT terrority

Puntogt2b
    Quote Originally Posted by baby172
    the only 1.8 16v fiesta i know of ? XR2I ?? square fogs . rare little things and nippy
    XR2i? Rare?

They're common as muck and they're ****!

Rob: The pic youve posted just looks like a modded RS/XR2i

Up your ringer
    Quote Originally Posted by J a m e s
    people drop 2l 16vs in, also the rs1800 is nippy but not GT terrority
    Well i doubt he was shitting me, so it must have been the Rs1800?

Was ****ing rapido mate, seriously!

Punto Lover
    RS1800 is 130bhp aint it???

Top Gear way back in 1994 i think did a group test and basically the RS1800 was out of the running almost straight away coz it was crap. Just like the Corsa GSi.
    GT went on to win the contest.

Up your ringer
    Strange.... maybe my cars just **** then

Punto know it all
    The RS1800 is as quick as the RST fezzy. There is basically nothing at all in it standard. Both 130bhp IIRC.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    rs 1800 isn't slow
    i think this post is more about the turbo boy is actually realising n/a power isn't as bad as everyone makes out

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast