Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrado VR6 Detailing

With everything done there mate, there's about 50 hours worth of work with the mechanical / electrical included. I read the whole thread, there was a 3 stage machine polishing process (compound, medium cut, then refined with a finishing polish) which alone is approximately 35-40hrs work. Really depends on the guys labour rate, as most of the cost involved here is time.

They probably paid, including parts for the service, something like £1500 for that job.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Enthusiast
    looks amazing! love those VR6s

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    They've done a great job with that! It's actually more rewarding to get involved in a job like that and totally transform the car (like I did on the 530d last winter) than it is doing stuff that's nearly new and already in decent condition. Thanks for sharing this with us mate
    Anytime Matt, theres a few more of his i will link you up with possibly tonight.

I know theres a nice Supra thread.

Jebus H!!!

What a change! Just a shame he appears to be working out of an open shed, bloke needs a proper studio!!

Punto know it all
    hopefully the customer wasnt billed for the extra time spent faffing around taking photos every 2 bloody minutes. the end result is great theres no denying that but with a lot of these "detailing" threads i dont see why people have to include a picture of every angle or every orifice on a car before, during and after. talk about getting anal on what really is a glorified wash and brush up.
    i can appreciate the hard work from a few straight forward before and after photos. take the snowfoam stage. here is my car during a snowfoam....WTFITAA? and showing the bottles of product to camera? i'm waiting to see a detailer slaking his thirst by blatantly waving a
    large PEPSI he is drinking to camera next! FFS.
    Last edited by clarkster; 29th October 2011 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    hopefully the customer wasnt billed for the extra time spent faffing around taking photos every 2 bloody minutes. the end result is great theres no denying that but with a lot of these "detailing" threads i dont see why people have to include a picture of every angle or every orifice on a car before, during and after. talk about getting anal on what really is a glorified wash and brush up.
    i can appreciate the hard work from a few straight forward before and after photos. take the snowfoam stage. here is my car during a snowfoam....WTFITAA? and showing the bottles of product to camera? i'm waiting to see a detailer slaking his thirst by blatantly waving a
    Two friends who both detail professionally show other stuff, one eats TUCs and the other drinks Tea.

Shurrup moaning... Its a niche market thats grown out of the internet and forums, its nice to see lots of pics!

Punto know it all
    You clearly don't have a clue or appreciate the work done.

Punto Lover
    I like the pictures of the products, that way you know what to buy.

I know, he could of wrote, I used product xyz. But then there maybe a slight confusion in the buying stage for someone who is new to this.

Anyway, I love the final result and I can't wait to use my new DA on the Punto.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    I have done a detail on a Focus RS today - took me nigh on 4.5hrs, must have spent 10mins in total taking photo's of various stages. Yep, I also billed the customer for taking photos. How? Why? Simple really, I always quote a time to do a job and state a price for that time, already included in the time is photography. Customers like to see progress. You need to remember the type of customer interested in this service and what they are looking for.

Fact is, and this is fact, not my opinion - you can't appreciate all that has gone into it, or the time taken froma simple before and after. That tells not even half the story.

Know your customer, know your market.

Leave the detailing to me, you stick to what it is you do
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    Brilliant work there, the result is outstanding, really shows that the art of detailling has been refined almost into an art form!

On a lower tone, it also highlights that years upon years of neglect can be very well hidden, and we should all be very wary when buying a second hand motor. Personally I would be in quite a dilemma if I was after a Corrado, and stumbled upon this one (having seen the detail thread)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast