Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2ltr Cunto

Gearbox Abuser

The 2ltr Cunto

Well it's a sad time again, but I've come to realise I no longer have the time or youth to own the Cunto.

Ok so here goes, heres arough spec off the top of my head,

Engine
    Lightened and balanced bottom end
    Forged pistons
    Wire ring headgasket
    Head work Inc 3 angle valve seats
    Columbo & Bariani cams
    Siemens injectors
    Tubular manifold with external wastegate. Manifold is ceramic coated.
    T04e Turbo
    Lightened flywheel with updated clutch
    DTA pro8 ecu
    Was mapped and made over 300@ just 1 bar! Had it rollered twice, one said 303bhp and the other was 330bhp with 327lbft, engine was built to run 1.6-1.7 bar! So **** knows what it'll make! 1bar was enough to destroy most things!

Other bits
    Leda coilovers front
    Spax shocks and springs rear
    Eibach anti roll bars front and rear
    330mm Brembos on front
    Grale rims with all practically new Goodyear eagle F1s
    Full GT3 leather mint!
    Heigo rear cage
    5x auto meter gauges, 2 pilar mounted and 3 custom mounted above hear controls
    Momo hand break and gear knob

Sure Theres other little bits but that's all I can think.

What needs doing, well bolt some bits on the inlet and fit the fmic and she should be good. But personally I'd redo the engine mounts and also few bits of wiring.
    Just do things the way I've learnt now, rather than when I built it originally.

As forum rules say I have to state a price, so I'd like to see £3500 for it, but if your seriously interested then we can talk. Feel free to make me offers.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by GT3guy; 21st October 2011 at 13:25. Reason: Added supplied pic. links. A few name corrections.

Gearbox Abuser
    It's worth noting that I didn't clean the car for the pics and it was freezing outside lol but she does clean up nice.

If I get little interest then I'll end up breaking it. But thats something I hope it doesn't come too!

I'll listen to offers, even cheeky ones!

Thanks
    Greg

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Bad timing for me I'm afraid as paying for the wedding. If was a year down the line I'd be genuinely interested. Good luck Greg, hopefully she won't get brOken as this car has legandary status on here. I remember being down Basildon about 3 years back where a mate said look that's 'the 2 ltr'.

Gearbox Abuser
    Cheers mate, I used to love going out hunting in it! Basvegas, Southend, lakeside. Anywhere. Really hope someone with the time and knowledge comes along and breaths some life back into the old girl.

if i can convince the wife to let me keep the uno and buy this then i may be interested, but tbh i dont hold out much hope.

can i ask why it was taken apart greg? also is the map all sorted for cold start and stuff? but i think if i did buy it id use a coupe loom and ecu along with an fcp remap.

cheers for any help
    dean.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Dean your probably the best man for the job tbh. I imagine this car will run close to 400 with 1.6 bar . Perfect for AWD mate

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    if i can convince the wife to let me keep the uno and buy this then i may be interested, but tbh i dont hold out much hope.

can i ask why it was taken apart greg? also is the map all sorted for cold start and stuff? but i think if i did buy it id use a coupe loom and ecu along with an fcp remap.

cheers for any help
    dean.
    Johnny took it apart to sort the back engine mount I believe, it snapped a bolt in the block, but if honest it's a extra mount I knocked up to steady it. Not in an original place. Personally id do new mounts on the normal 3 places and a steady bar.

Cold start was ok, but not brilliant. To get it mapped fully would mean leaving it with the mappers for a few weeks as they can only do a true cold start once a day.
    If I was you then I'd do stock ecu remapped. And sell the DTA.

Tell the wife you want it, don't ask

Greg

Punto Sports Club Member
    If someone can spend a few days getting this sorted, they will not regret the thrill it will give them.

Guy at garage after pulling up for some fuel " WTF is in that thing, i was bouncing off the limiter in 5th and you just pulled past me like i wasnt even there!"

Some additional info, when i had it, it made approx 350bhp at 16 psi, I asked the mapper to tone it down a bit (because im a pussy) and i settled for 310 i think. Thread on here somewhere.

Enough said. good luck with the sale.

Im so tempted

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    If someone can spend a few days getting this sorted, they will not regret the thrill it will give them.

Guy at garage after pulling up for some fuel " WTF is in that thing, i was bouncing off the limiter in 5th and you just pulled past me like i wasnt even there!"

Some additional info, when i had it, it made approx 350bhp at 16 psi, I asked the mapper to tone it down a bit (because im a pussy) and i settled for 310 i think. Thread on here somewhere.

Enough said. good luck with the sale.
    Cheers Rich, she certainly put a smile on my face when you beat me when I was in the skyline, you have to love the noise of that screamer pipe !!!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast