Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a MS1 ecu for a Punto GT

It might be the LC-1 controller and lambda without the gauge.

Heres a video of the datalog I took on the first drive running megasquirt. Interesting stuff.

I've had some fun mapping and fiddling, I'm generally running but trying to solve a rpm sensor spike that makes the car missfire. As soon as I solve this I can get on with idle control and getting my rev counter to work.

I might have a faulty rpm sensor, I do sometimes get a missfire on the standard ecu that I blamed on plugs or coil, maybe it was the crank sensor all along, if it can't count the teeth then it can't fire the coils at the right time.

Some very helpful drawings and diagrams - Thanks ExtraEFI!!

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/drawings.htm

And support help and setup stuff - Thanks again ExtraEFI

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/support.htm

Ok to check your vr sensor is wired correctly the best thing to do is download "Megatunix" this is a lot like megatune but it has a handy tooth logger.

http://megatunix.sourceforge.net/

Once set up get your engine running and enable the tooth logger.

IF YOU GET A LOG LIKE THIS THEN YOUR SENSOR IS WIRED BACKWARDS!!!! When wired right you will get a single spike instead of the two. The car will not run right if your log looks like this.

Got my boost control sorted last night, working spot on, no more boost spike, also boost is dependant on rpm and throttle position, so light throttle at high revs is less boost than heavy throttle. No more sliding around when the turbo spools mid corner on light throttle.

Heres the worlds worst wiring diagram, But it works!

I have now extended the wiring loom and screwed the ecu inside the car, better than it hanging around in the footwell by its wires, lol. As a bonus I got to refit my heater fan and I now have airflow again after weeks of no blowers.

Launch control is now working too, Might hav a vid or two from york this sunday. hoping to beat my 13.5.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_EVIL
    Got my boost control sorted last night, working spot on, no more boost spike, also boost is dependant on rpm and throttle position, so light throttle at high revs is less boost than heavy throttle. No more sliding around when the turbo spools mid corner on light throttle.

I have now extended the wiring loom and screwed the ecu inside the car, better than it hanging around in the footwell by its wires, lol. As a bonus I got to refit my heater fan and I now have airflow again after weeks of no blowers.

Launch control is now working too, Might hav a vid or two from york this sunday. hoping to beat my 13.5.
    sounds like you really have got a grip on this megasquirt business now. will your map be *downloadable* to your pc for others to use as a base, or will it be too highly specific to your cars setup to be of any use?

It is specific but could be used as a start, only if you run the same injectors/ fuel pressure as I do, I have a rough map from before I went to the bigger injectors as well.

To be honest it takes 10-15 mins to get a rough drivable map if you have a wideband and a mate to tune while you drive. It is all the small final adjustments that take the time.

Maps are more specfic that I first thought,

Mine and evils are pretty different yet each runs fine on that specific car.

GT3 seems to idle at alot lower kPa than the GT1 does.

Adi

I had a drivable car in minutes, you have a wideband so nothing to worry about. I drove 35 miles on a map I made in 10 minutes, I cost me about £15 in petrol but it ran, Lol

For future info,

If you want to run NOS control DO NOT put the tacho out on JS1 as it is required for the NOS circuit.

Adi

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast