Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Israel/Greek V Turkey

Punto Sports Club Member
    the invasion was in 74. nobody said they should fight or start a war im simply saying why would they share any finds with these people that did this. at the end of the day isnt turkey big enough, this was a modern day war so the people that stood for the turks are simply quite horribly people . i am 2 a greek cypriot and most of my family are there god only knows why i live in the uk lol

Punto know it all
    Ok, just for the record I'm also against war or violence and most of my mates are greek but lets set one thing straight, turks did not invade cyprus, they went for peace to stop the killings. Those of u who knows history will remember that the island was ottoman empire's and it was rented (leased) out to us, the british for a period of 100 years in 1800's altho greeks and turks lived together, hence the cars there are also right hand drive and have the same 3 pin wall sockets.. Does any one else know that the killings started in 1963, but neither the greeks or the british wanted to get involved so turkey stepped in, in the name of humanity? 11 years later in 1974 coz no one gave a ****.. They could of taken the whole island but they divided it in half to keep the peace.. Not having.a dig, tell me if I'm wrong?

Punto know it all
    Long story short, greeks say; cyprus is ours, turkish cypriots say; thank god the turkish army came or the greeks were gonna bury us all alive.. Thats my conclusion after hearing both sides...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Punto Enthusiast
    Read some history and then jump to conclusions.
    The Aegean Sea is Greek unless you think you're in Turkey when you visit Rhodes, Crete, Santorini etc. Turkey uses diplomatic means and propaganda against Greece to make it look like we're the 'ad guys', how ever did they end up having half of Cyprus (Cypriots speak Greek, not Turkish) and who are they to tell us what's ours and what's not?

The same scenario that USA plans for every single country that has oil sources (see Latin American countries, Libya, Iraq, Iran and the list goes on...) is being played with Greece, the plan is to make our debt so high and the pay-off terms so difficult in order to buy off the right to buy our natural sources (water, solar power, oil sources, natural gas) dirt cheap.

Sad to read comments like the above, today it's us, tomorrow it could be you.

Punto Enthusiast
    'ad guys' = bad guys, typo.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    Long story short, greeks say; cyprus is ours, turkish cypriots say; thank god the turkish army came or the greeks were gonna bury us all alive.. Thats my conclusion after hearing both sides...

Why don't you read some history mate? Look up the Cyprus invasion in 1974 and let us know your conclusions then.

Punto know it all
    I did, I know the history from 1200's, if ure talking about mythology then america isn't americans either, it's red indians.. I know quite a bit about 74, spoken to soldiers who were in the war, people who actually suffered, so tell me what u know, maybe I can enlighten u a little?
    How can u say aegean sea is greeks? 6 miles from greece coastline is greek waters, 6 miles from turkey is turkish waters and the middle is international.. How can some one in their right mind say the whole aegean sea is ours, if the turks wants to go swimming they have to get visa from greece.. ? I remember fishing boats being bullied by greek navy coz they were in their waters when they weren't.. Talk about propaganda and causing crises lol

I do agree about the america's dirty little games tho, theyre the ones whos causing these political crises for their own good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12