Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thought I'd never see...

Red Audi A5 I did earlier this week! Finished in Autoglym HD. It actually made the red look much deeper and richer.

Dan, the wax contains natural oils and other ingredients, all of which will help preserve the colour against oxidation, and bleaching from UV rays! You'd use Black Hole before the wax yeah, best results come from application via machine though.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    Yeah Dans a secrect buffty, rocked up with a whole boot full of stuff! Car does need another clay and machine polish though matey, I think using snow foam neat has stripped off all of your protecton LOL. Gave it real quick rub with Black Hole and Red Mist on the rear quarter and it came up loads better.

How bad is it Kyle?! You're the most anal guy I know about paintwork, so I trust your opinion

Neat snow has most likely stripped the lot off yeah. Red Mist is only temporary protection too, wears off after 2-3 weeks (or 1-2 washes).

I've always known Dan's into car care, his trouble has always been motivation! He'd rather drive it than clean it.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    Pretty bad tbh (sorry Dan lol) it has started to oxidise again already in places. Just needs a proper good clay and polish and will come up sweet again I would think.

Red Mist was literally all he had protection wise and I was only messing about. It's great for a top up though I find, so quick and easy.

I'll have to educate the little fella when he comes to see me (sounds a bit dodgy that!!).

Punto know it all
    i think i might have been dreaming, but i saw an advert the other day where you spray something onto a dirty car and it wipes off all clean and shiny, no need for washing first or any kind of water.

was i dreaming?

Punto know it all
    Sounds like it lol!!

Yeah, there's a couple of eco-friendly waterless wash products on the market. One is Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and the other something called Dri Wash. Both are flawed really, because although they are environmentally friendly, there's loads of disclaimers about the dangers of causing damage if the dirt on the car is too thick and heavy etc. They are designed for places like California, where the only dirt on the cars is a fine layer of dust. Not mud and salt like we get in the UK

Punto Enthusiast
    Or there is that demon shine ad on TV though?

I wouldn't go near it myself, as I can't see it giving a very good finish.

I just stick with what I've always used.

Autoglym shampoo, autoglym HD wax, meguiars clay and mer polish being the basic ones...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234