Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 293bhp & 218lbs/ft @ 1.6bar

Would be nice to see the full spec on this. Specially head spec and work done to make it able to rev so high without it knocking in a few thousand miles.

290+ with an incomplete setup is definately an achievement!

This weekend will be a good opertunity to get some in car vids if drivability is as good as you say it is.
    My pal has a similar powered 172, 330hp 345lbft, and after 70mph it keeps up with my car, although anything not straight, dry, smooth, flat and less than 70mph is hopeless. Also the Clio makes a bar at 3200rpm which is obviously a few rpm sooner than Cetins!

Be good to see the boost plot and AFR also.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    Debo good luck selling the car, not surprised your selling..
    I'm glad you recognise our business needs..

Btw, my dad will keep the car if it nobody offers the right money for it - he'll sell one of his classics instead, it really isn't a problem. So the silver car might be around for a little while longer

What's going on with the torque btw? Peak torque is the same as SEB4.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

I was thinking that as well, it's all at the top end as well. Nothing going on mid-range.... Is it a v-tec

Sounds like we're trying to pull it apart here, but actually we're not. For all the claims of massive power, it has achieved (well, 7hp away) the goal of peak power. What I'd be disappointed with is the torque figure. Talk of driveability is insulting to anyone who can read a power graph, it's damn right disrespectful This car was never about that, from the very outset the goal was "300hp at all costs" - in this case, the sacrifice is mid range power and driveability.

I admit I was sceptical about the 300hp without standalone, seems this has been cunningly skirted with the use of a mysterious "Big MAF" conversion that holds more secrets than Area 51..... it'd be nice to have a wider understanding of this product, for the good of the forum and tuning of the GT..

So, what is this thread if no details are to be given? Is it of any use to anyone or just here for willy waving?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    Excellent work on the project. To anyone who makes ~300bhp with a 1.4 engine has my respect.

I doubt you'd see a massive increase in torque without increasing the displacement.

All the usual haters are just proving how small their d*ck is!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Could the cam be a cause for the low torque? Using a piper ralley iirc.

Well done cetin none the less. I can vouch, from personally knowing this car, that it is very very quick.

Get some 440's in there and my 2.5" system and you'll be laughing. Possibly some more boost too, as I hears the charge temps were pretty cool due to the water meth.

Yeah, the cam would be a logical reason for the lower torque. Bigger isn't always better. I do think the Rally has too much lift and valve overlap. The turbo is too big aswell, which is another reason there's no life in the lower revs. But you can't have everything, there's a fine balance, and finding it is difficult. Of course, Cetin might be as happy as a pig in s**t, 293hp is a great result. It's not to my tastes though, the lack of torque would do my head in, having to downshift on motorways at 80mph?!? WTF! It'll be s**t slow in-gear, 60-100 in top, 50-70 in 4th etc.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Yeah, the cam would be a logical reason for the lower torque. Bigger isn't always better. I do think the Rally has too much lift and valve overlap. The turbo is too big aswell, which is another reason there's no life in the lower revs. But you can't have everything, there's a fine balance, and finding it is difficult. Of course, Cetin might be as happy as a pig in s**t, 293hp is a great result. It's not to my tastes though, the lack of torque would do my head in, having to downshift on motorways at 80mph?!? WTF! It'll be s**t slow in-gear, 60-100 in top, 50-70 in 4th etc.
    well done on the top end,but personally im sick of my meegre 200ish seb4 setup,so slow then a couple of seconds boost,but still a good top end figure tho

Bloody hell what's the point in building in such a car and revealing the results when d1ck wavers will simply pull it apart and find fault in it ffs too many haters.

Very impressive results from cetin and with the bosch ecu is comendable!
    Must get mine down to leightons and have it set up too me thinks.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast