Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 293bhp & 218lbs/ft @ 1.6bar

Punto Lover
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Kyle before work

The rugged-ness, maybe. I should be able to grow more than 3 chest hairs and shave more often that once a week.
    But good looks? I think your mam has been lying to you all these years

Brummy bummer
    It was your mam that told me...

Have you seen due date Andy? The perm thing has reminded me of it and it's a fooking hilarious film!

PSC Trader
    I wouldn't normally comment on the politics of any forum, I prefer plain and simple facts, but it's good to see that the new admin are being pro-active in reducing the "stress" that has often been exhibited on here. It's just a car, but they are cars that we all love for one reason or another, there doesn't need to be any hidden agenda.

So a little more specifics from my own point of view. I drive a lot of fast and powerful cars, such is the nature (benefits) of being a tuner. Of course my own car is up there too, but it was still a fantastic kick to drive Cetin's car on full boost. The dyno graphs do not reflect the full experience, not least because on the road the boost and power come in 300-400rpms earlier. It has an aggressive cam, so you can expect a rough "bub bub" idle and very little low down grunt, but once you are around 3000rpm it has more than enough torque to be kicking about with. On the motorway you can cruise happily in 5th at 70-80mph, no need to downshift if you want to accelerate, and of course excellent fuel economy.

Of course when you go for it the sensation is exciting (and demanding too) as the acceleration is simply relentless. It's often nice to have a big fat wallop of mid-range torque (turbo-diesel!), but invariably it is over too quickly and leaves you underwhelmed. A screamer engine gets the pulse going nicely, every step in the rpm builds to a frenetic crescendo... faster, faster, faster! This engine is good for over 8000rpm, so once the fuel requirements are introduced, it will have a very good powerband of 3000+rpms.

It's a humble 1.4 8v, but it's putting out nearly 300bhp/tonne... that will raise anyones eyebrows
    FC Performance - Punto GT tuning and custom remaps

Check us out on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Just to elaborate on a few things, so that anyone new reading this or who doesn't know the history can keep up; Cetin was banned for being bullish, aggressive and threatening towards several members of the forum. His secrecy towards the project, for whatever the reason, did him no favours at all, and as such he found it difficult to control his temper when he came under scrutiny. The idea of the forum is to be a 'community' where we all help each other out, and Cetin did not grasp this concept. Yes, I was also banned at the same time for 'provoking him', but on the whole I have given more to this forum in this week alone than he did throughout his time here.

Moving on, as a fan of fast Punto's, I can say that 293hp is not to be scoffed at, but sadly when aiming for peak power, that is all there is to fall back on. Everyone builds a car to their own personal choices and for their own satisfaction - does this wow me personally? no. Will it wow the masses? yes, probably. Good luck to him in finding the final 7hp.
    How can you inform users about 'secrecy not being welcome' when you like to think you have secrets too. lol

Punto know it all
    Hans on form as usual

Perfectly valid comment. Debo likes to come across as tuning and polishing god, likes to big his dad up with his diesel torque 1.6 punto etc etc, then comes up with this.

This Punto you see here, has the same torque curve as my old car interestingly. It's good fun to drive.

Punto know it all
    I'm not knocking anything or anyone, i just meant you are on form as usual as in humourus comments

While we're on the subject of Fiat 500s. Its a nice car yes, but a man in a 500...surely there's some uphill gardening going on there....

Punto Lover
    finally got there cetin!! good power but torques really down, is this with a gt28rs neil? could be a cam timing issue, never the less it got there in the end! should drive well with out major wheel spin issues which is nice and all the drive abilty with std ecu features thats nice. the piper rally cam works well in the 1400cc we found, in the 1600cc it goes flat but gives sh1t loads of low end torque. when i made the downpipe for cetins gt i told him to change that exhaust to 2.5" before the map.!!
    Last edited by philg; 25th August 2011 at 21:10.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast