Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Cinq With Uno Turbo Engine

Punto Lover
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqKHtG0vm5Q"]‪Gti-r vs 5 gt turbo‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Standard gtir didn't do bad considering the 5 is running 1.5bar!

Punto Lover
    Shorty that is fair play mate, everyone on here loves hot hatches but noone would pick one over an evo! IMHO 30-100mph is where its at for road driving though

Punto Lover
    sean pulsars are fooking rapid!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by southy85sx View Post
    Shorty that is fair play mate, everyone on here loves hot hatches but noone would pick one over an evo! IMHO 30-100mph is where its at for road driving though
    not really thats just where u spend of ur time in ur hot hatch if u drive a car that handles and by that i dont even mean just jap awd take 106 rallye for example u will spend more time down b roads having fun than u will on the motorway

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jrracing View Post
    As far as I know the Seicento's are about another 50Kgs lighter than an Uno (espec. when stripped) and unlike an Uno the Seicento won't be iron filiings by the end of the year.

People who comment on handling haven't driven a well sorted one, let alone owned one. That is not to say with the extra weight of the UT engine this one would handle well, it would need substantial work, starting with larger wheels to get the power down more effectively.
    the standard bogo poverty spec mk1 uno weighs in at 730kg and the turbo 845kg, the standard seicento sporting weighs in at 735kg so your "as far as i know" is wrong there

I can comment on the shitcento, my ex had one, dropped, strut braces, 1.2 punto 75 engine and all that it was still a bag of wank and it could barely cope with 70 odd bhp! my old mk4 astravan could out handle it,

and as far as rust is concerened it was on a 53 plate and had advisorys on the mot for corrosion on the sills and rear inner wheel arches, my mk1 uno turbo however is still here at 23 years old the bitchs seicento is not far from the weigh bridge

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by st1allstar View Post
    the standard bogo poverty spec mk1 uno weighs in at 730kg and the turbo 845kg, the standard seicento sporting weighs in at 735kg so your "as far as i know" is wrong there

I can comment on the shitcento, my ex had one, dropped, strut braces, 1.2 punto 75 engine and all that it was still a bag of wank and it could barely cope with 70 odd bhp! my old mk4 astravan could out handle it,

and as far as rust is concerened it was on a 53 plate and had advisorys on the mot for corrosion on the sills and rear inner wheel arches, my mk1 uno turbo however is still here at 23 years old the bitchs seicento is not far from the weigh bridge
    Well my 01 Seicento is still pretty much as new underneath. Mind you it has always been garage stored. It's done 125K now! Not even been waxoiled! How dare I insult your 23 year old rot box.

As for commenting on your Seicento - from all your posts on the FF you could never even get it running right (if memory serves) and it's one of the easiest engine conversions you can do! Probably had less bhp than the 1.1, I remember you couldn't even work out why it was underpowered at high rpm's - it had the wrong exhaust and hadn't even seen re-mapping to name a couple so saying that even had 70 odd bhp is a joke - the whole thing was a waste of time.

In all seriousness if you ever have the chance, go in a proper Turbo'd / N/A conversion Cento which has had decent money spent on proper suspension, not just one with a 'random suspension kit' before commenting - my friend had C.120bhp in his Cinq on a 1.2 Turbo engine and he had no problem keeping it out the hedges and competing with some impressive stuff.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGtmd1PoPg"]‪Cinque 1.2 Turbo 16 by FCHTEAM‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment on something proper rather than your bodged attempt and then come back with something useful!

What powerz is your Evo Mike? 280 stock?

Punto Lover
    If you ever had to sell your punto mike, how much would you want/ be worth?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    What powerz is your Evo Mike? 280 stock?
    Yeah just STD ATM I want to have it remapped I think 360 would be a nice figure to get and should be achievable

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jrracing View Post

As for commenting on your Seicento - from all your posts on the FF you could never even get it running right (if memory serves) and it's one of the easiest engine conversions you can do! Probably had less bhp than the 1.1, I remember you couldn't even work out why it was underpowered at high rpm's - it had the wrong exhaust and hadn't even seen re-mapping to name a couple so saying that even had 70 odd bhp is a joke - the whole thing was a waste of time.

In all seriousness if you ever have the chance, go in a proper Turbo'd / N/A conversion Cento which has had decent money spent on proper suspension, not just one with a 'random suspension kit' before commenting - my friend had C.120bhp in his Cinq on a 1.2 Turbo engine and he had no problem keeping it out the hedges and competing with some impressive stuff.

Comment on something proper rather than your bodged attempt and then come back with something useful!
    wasnt my shitcento was my ex's and the only reason the 75 engine went it is because the original one blew up and thats all the scrap yard had, it had a full powerflow exhaust and spax springs and dampers not some "random suspension" the remap was never going to happen i'd rather go on holiday than waste more money on it.

i'm no longer 17 so not gonna be impressed by a learners car with a turbo bolted to it

so you love the shitcentos good for you my experience with them was not good there pretty gash as far as cars go.

and lastly when you come to tow a broken down shitcento which i did many number of times isnt it fun when the thread for the tow hook is corroded so you cant even screw the tow hook in! lovely!
    Last edited by st1allstar; 1st August 2011 at 17:34.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast