Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 306 gti-6

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar

306 gti-6

Alright guys long time no speak i hope your all well.

I've just got back into the hot hatch game on a temporary basis lol. Me and a friend have just bought a 306 GTi-6 track car has any one had any experiences with these?

The car is a phase 1 GTI-6 with 170bhp its been fully stripped(now 1000kg) Coilovers, Slicks on 17'' pro race wheels. uprated engine mounts, arb's etc.

Ill get some pictures up asap.

Were looking to do Brands Hatch next week and then Snetterton a few weeks later.
    XploitGT

Hey Lee! Good cars the GTi-6. Same engine as the Rallye IIRC. Go well around the track, and that particular motor is a good one, its quite reliable for some French tat . Get some pics up when you can.

The Rallye has the same engine as the GTi you mean Matthew.

Great cars, 167hp standard though they're old now so doubt any have that without work, folk spend a fortune tuning them without forced induction, labor of love/the enthusiast obviously!

Best mate has one with over 400hp and it goes like fook, the lad that built it took me out in his personal car used for testing, had 550hp, handled it really well but felt no faster than the 400 version... I've fixed it so many times, easy to work on and figure out, built with abit more common sense than the small French stuff.

If 172s wernt so cheap the GTi6 would be the best cheap track car going!

Colour is it Lee?

Anyway

Its white, The guy mentioned that as its a phase 1 GTI-6 and that it was actually lighter than the phase 2/3 Rallye's. It had it weighed and it was circa 1000kg. He also tells me that the phase 1's are quite rare. Im new to the world of peugeot so ill take his word for it. The car overall has been kept quite well i couldn't see an ounce of rust. Personally i think the guy undersold it.

The listings been taken of ebay so i dont have the full spec to hand. Engine wise its reasonably standard, IT does have some cams recently fitted but i think it needs to be mapped to get the best use of them. Its got a wrapped strait through exhaust and and air filter. Its has a really nice raspy sound.

Its got fully adjustable coilovers(spax i believe), Slicks from the Clio Cup Series, strut brace, Brand new Pro race 1.2's, updrated discs and pads. The list is quite long.

I imagine we will need ear defenders in damn thing as all it has is 2 seats the instrument cluster and a steering wheel oh and just the seals for the doors and the boot.

Ill try and add some pics on saturday as were collecting it early doors, add me on facebook as i'm sure pics will be there first lol
    XploitGT

No wonder its a tonne then, My pal always rambles on about how light it is, but most of the car is still there tbh!

Phase1 are rare because they are old and naturally more hav ebeen scrapped or crashed.

Weight difference isnt going to be much and most of the differences will of been the interior, which you dont have.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Welcome back to the forum lee!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    No wonder its a tonne then, My pal always rambles on about how light it is, but most of the car is still there tbh!

Phase1 are rare because they are old and naturally more hav ebeen scrapped or crashed.

Weight difference isnt going to be much and most of the differences will of been the interior, which you dont have.
    I kid you not there is nothing left of the interior, the sun roof has been removed and replaced with perspex.

I think we will replace all the windows eventually with perspex. Currently the front windows have been bonded in as all of the mechanisms have been taken out. We'd like to get a weld in cage in the near future also.

We might be doing Mallory soon. iirc thats near you? if so you should pop over.
    XploitGT

Yeah Mallory is just down the road, when you go let me know and if im free i'll come for a nosey!!

Get some pics up!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    sounds like fun lee

i should be doing Brands next week Todd, you should pop over?
    XploitGT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast