Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: forum changes

The club has no working capitol at the moment Sean so a push is necessary in the short term. If we left it at £10 would you be happy with what you get compared to those that pay nothing? I'm positive the answer would be no!

This club will never be able to offer subsidising track days and things but a busy forum needs to be paid for and hopefully we can get round to paying for some merchandise and moving in a better direction.

Admin, staff and mods have taken inspiration from a number of bigger more successful clubs so were hoping abit of hindsight engineering can benefit this club right here, despite what some people have already suggested the future will hold.
    Last edited by Superman; 23rd June 2011 at 22:08. Reason: Fooking phone!!!

Ok, Sean, you've sussed out that its a good cash generating idea, but how is it going to help the club? Well, the club hasn't really got any money worth talking of at the moment, and without it the club can't do anything. So to rebuild something, you first need ideas (which we have), then you need money to turn those ideas into reality, which currently, we don't have. Things like subsidising events for club members, club bbq at shows etc cannot happen without funds for the club... I'm not saying these things will happen, but they are some ideas that COULD happen and would help PSC go back to being a club rather than just a forum.

Have an open mind boi's

Punto Lover
    I havent actually read them yet but seems users are going to have to pay? I dont think anyone will have a problem with contributing! I havent had a punto since november and I will be joining up.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Ok, Sean, you've sussed out that its a good cash generating idea, but how is it going to help the club? Well, the club hasn't really got any money worth talking of at the moment, and without it the club can't do anything. So to rebuild something, you first need ideas (which we have), then you need money to turn those ideas into reality, which currently, we don't have. Things like subsidising events for club members, club bbq at shows etc cannot happen without funds for the club... I'm not saying these things will happen, but they are some ideas that COULD happen and would help PSC go back to being a club rather than just a forum.

Have an open mind boi's

Ah, a man after my own heart lol!

Let's not forget quite a few people said they would happily cough up to help PSC if Chris wasn't in charge... So here is your chance, and some improved benefits over before.

Punto Lover
    Just read them and i think it is a great way of putting some money back into the club. Whats a fiver people come on..

Well everyones had some input and we've listened to some good suggestions from the users over the last few months!!!
    Last edited by Superman; 23rd June 2011 at 22:16. Reason: Fooking phone again!!!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    |Its the ideal time with a 50% discount to start with.

Banned
    Yeah, i completely agree and as i said before i'll be glad to help out in anyway shape or form.

One thing i dont know if you have considered... some users may not be members but yet are on the forum everyday helping users solve problems i.e GTT raider. £5 is not alot of money but users with alot of experience who dont want to use the other priviledges but simply want to help other users but with a limit of 10 posts a day seems a bit minimal. I suggest bumping it to 20 atleast and also putting a limit on n00b users say 5 posts a day for a probation period say 30 days? until we know who they are or pay the membership fee etc...therefore blocking strange people like Dans stalker we had a while back or spam.
    Last edited by seaneyb; 23rd June 2011 at 22:38.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    ITs not only about using priveledges sean. These people use this community as well so it would be helpful for them to contribute to the running costs of the place. With the forum costing money per year i think the limits are justified.
    Last edited by Mawbster; 23rd June 2011 at 22:46.

10 posts is generous by some standards. On the MLR for instance you get 30 posts PER MONTH! AND.... its £35 on there!

If you dont want to pay, you cant play. Andy is a good example, but hopefully he will want to take up the chance to become a full blown member!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast