Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: forum changes

Mods are clamping down on poor use of English, just so you're aware!

I think people have lost, or dont know what the essense of a CLUB is. You dont join the Take That fan CLUB without paying money, then you get stuff that people who dont pay, wont get, same for every club ever, in the history of ever.

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post

90% of the paying and none paying members who have aired their views on this have a positive attitude and can see the good that will come of it.

You have got to get it out of them first, Good like

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    So another forum for iconic hatcbacks is £25 and people are still suggesting £5 is too much, some people are truely water tight, and most are from the south where i thought everyone was rich and famous!

You get the rest of a massive forum as a sneak peak, i think keeping something nice and sweat for those that contribute is better for those who pay, who are more important than those who dont.

Projects section has only been there for 3-4 years max, and the forum was just fine before it anyway.
    That is correct.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Si...

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    Which it is Vern. Apart from the newest mod's including yourself, everyone else has access to and can see the accounts any time they want.
    "Everyone else"...you didn't say 'Every other Mod'

Superdan: I'd imagine you are thinking of the same person as me

GTT_Raider : From experience I can honestly say that the general answer to any problems with the lower models when put to PSC is either 'Buy a GT' or 'Do a blink test'.
    Furthermore any questions on the N/A models regarding tuning is answered with 'Buy a GT'.
    I've never been a GT owner...but I have been a 75 owner and have more than once been given verbal abuse by PSC members for 'spamming the forum with talk about **** cars'.
    This place simply isn't inviting to non-GT owners...as it is essentially an source of income being turned away through ignorance.

I am aware that there are a few that do try to help out with questions regarding the N/A models...but between myself, Munkul and a few others it's an uphill struggle.

It might be worth considering splitting the common questions thread and having asection of it IN the turbocharged sub-forum to cover the GT's and the generic common question sticky left to cover the things that relate to all models.
    Also possibly dividing the how-to's into GT and non-GT related items.

Just little ideas to make the place more welcoming to N/A owners.

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Ive moderatored or administrated half a dozen forums now... clueless though

Im positive not one single person, even Mike will leave for good after 1st of July.
    Thanks for the mention xxxx

OK that was down to how I worded it then. Clever sheet.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    GTT_Raider : From experience I can honestly say that the general answer to any problems with the lower models when put to PSC is either 'Buy a GT' or 'Do a blink test'.
    Furthermore any questions on the N/A models regarding tuning is answered with 'Buy a GT'.
    I've never been a GT owner...but I have been a 75 owner and have more than once been given verbal abuse by PSC members for 'spamming the forum with talk about **** cars'.
    This place simply isn't inviting to non-GT owners...as it is essentially an source of income being turned away through ignorance.

I am aware that there are a few that do try to help out with questions regarding the N/A models...but between myself, Munkul and a few others it's an uphill struggle.

It might be worth considering splitting the common questions thread and having asection of it IN the turbocharged sub-forum to cover the GT's and the generic common question sticky left to cover the things that relate to all models.
    Also possibly dividing the how-to's into GT and non-GT related items.

Just little ideas to make the place more welcoming to N/A owners.
    Without sounding rude though, the lower down the model you go the simpler the engine management is. The GT is very complex in comparison. Theres only a few sensors on the N/A, they aren't rocket science

We should do more to cater for all models of all ages, however, this market is small compared to the number of GT owners that come through the door.

One area we cant help with is the price of GTs, its much lower than 5years ago, so younger drivers can afford them. People are probably skipping the sporting sort of middle car after having only a year or two in a super slow first car.

Punto know it all
    If there aren't people with the knowledge about other models of the forum, there isn't much that can be done, short of someone taking the time out to learn about models which they don't own (do you think thats likely...?), or trying to get people who do know involved with the forum?

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTT_Raider View Post
    Without sounding rude though, the lower down the model you go the simpler the engine management is. The GT is very complex in comparison. Theres only a few sensors on the N/A, they aren't rocket science
    Point taken...unfortunately engine management has very little to do with the problem lol

The ECU on a N/A model may not be 'rocket science' (despite the fact no bugger can crack the 75 ecu) but tuning them is a little more involved than tuning a GT. In comparison GT are a piece of cake to tune up

Superdan : Why do you think the market for GP owners and mk2 owners is so small?

Si : You only just noticed that bout me?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast