Thread: Mot

Punto Enthusiast

Mot

Went to go and get the gt a fresh mot today , and the place that ive used for a while refused to test it saying, its too low how low can a car be before they wont test. Does anyone know cheers

Its probably due to the fact they cant get it on their ramps to lift in the air to check the chassis for rot!
    Mine always struggle to do this aswell but their not so anal as to turn it away it lol

Punto Lover
    all down to the tester, eg can it get on the ramp, can it fit in the brake rollers, does he think your cars ****

theres no limit on how low, i just tested a mk1 golf on coilovers that i adviced him i may damage his car in the brake rollers and it bent the exhaust, whilst a chavs lowered saxo i just refused as it was a shed and not worth the hassle

It's a shame testers can be descrimatory ballbags!

It probably wouldn't go on the lift etc, simple as that, my place would just put some bits of wood down for you though !

Punto Enthusiast
    See ive spoke to a couple of people and they said why didnt they put some wood down to get it on im now trying to see if I can get a set of 17s on to see if that will make it sit a little bit higher ?
    I wouldnt mind if id done it that low but its not even on coilovers just g-max struts and springs !

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by felton View Post
    See ive spoke to a couple of people and they said why didnt they put some wood down to get it on im now trying to see if I can get a set of 17s on to see if that will make it sit a little bit higher ?
    I wouldnt mind if id done it that low but its not even on coilovers just g-max struts and springs !
    You may be better finding a different garage. They can get it on the ramps they just can't be arsed & if thats their attitude chances are they will find something to fail it on! You're the customer, they should be grateful for your business if they're not then don't give it to them.

Punto know it all
    had a very similer problem at the MOT place yesterday they had the rollers in front of the MOT ramp, my car was fine past the rollers but the front of the side skirt was going to drag on the ramp so he sergested that i back up ,, so after moving back he then changed the front of the ramp to longer ones wich went passed the rollers and were very stable as your MOT place if they have these extra long ramp sleeves for lowered cars

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    had a very similer problem at the MOT place yesterday they had the rollers in front of the MOT ramp, my car was fine past the rollers but the front of the side skirt was going to drag on the ramp so he sergested that i back up ,, so after moving back he then changed the front of the ramp to longer ones wich went passed the rollers and were very stable as your MOT place if they have these extra long ramp sleeves for lowered cars
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Punto Enthusiast
    Went and booked it in some where else yesterday and I said to them about the other garage and they guy said to me , yer no probs weve done lower ones than that lol, so booked in for next weds and the other place can kiss my ass ive used them for years and thats what I get !

Punto know it all

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by felton View Post
    Went and booked it in some where else yesterday and I said to them about the other garage and they guy said to me , yer no probs weve done lower ones than that lol, so booked in for next weds and the other place can kiss my ass ive used them for years and thats what I get !
    wise choice well done fella