Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat/Abarth Meet Sat 14th May

Hello all,

I am co-organising a meet for the NW members of the forum, to be held next Saturday, 14th May, from 10.30am onwards.

The meet address is:

Shinearama
    Unit 1e
    Stag Industrial Estate
    Atlantic Street
    Altrincham
    WA14 5DW

The purpose of the meet is to encourage like minded enthusiasts to meet up. As it's being held at Shinearama where I often detail from, we're offering car care advice, tuition on all aspects of car care, washing demo's, polishing demo's and hands-on practice (on your own car if you wish!!). There'll also be tea and biscuits.

The shop will be open, so you'll be able to purchase any products you need for the summer.

There's a McDonalds within a half mile from the meet location, and Altrincham is easily accessed from nearby motorway connections! So there's no excuses not to come, even if only for a chat!!

Post in this thread if you're hoping to attend.

Hope to see some new faces there.

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Last edited by Tom; 5th May 2011 at 17:26.

Punto know it all
    if i still had my punto i would, however coming to check out the detailing stuff sounds appealing!

You're more than welcome to attend mate, Warrington is only 20mins from where this is being held. To be honest, from the reported numbers there's anything from 3-5 Abarth 500's attending, the GPM Punto will be there, and I have managed to get a mk1 Punto 55 as a "test mule" for the car care side of the meet, along with some scrap panels for practicing. So it's not exclusively a "Fiat" meet if you like, as there's as many non-Fiat's also attending (projected numbers of around 9 or 10 so far).

The smaller the group, especially for this type of meet, the better really, as it will mean Shinearama's attention isn't been spread so thin across a large group of people.

Obviously not everyone is interested in the car care, but I think this has surely got the potential to be a more interesting meet than sitting in a car park

Matt.

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeah, I'll more than likely bring the old ripper along & have a chat with anyone there.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Matt If i Bring my corberaus would you clean the stains off em for free as an example :-)

Bring em back to life. :-)

actually they could be a good project for you to do. The drivers seat is pretty bad.

Not worn wise . But looks very dull and the yellow is stained. I could get a picture for you tommorrow.

They wouldnt be in a car. I would bring em down loose

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar
    Would love to make the trip down to this and meet some people... But have 2 exams on Tuesday. Gutted!

Dan,

I can't really commit to doing a freebie on some seats as I have a Punto 55sx there for demonstration purposes - it's not the cleanest inside and out, so my intention was to show people what can be achieved on that car, and I've organised some practice panels to be made available for anyone wanting to "try before you buy" from the Shinearama shop (which is open, and will do discounts on the day!). Anyone wanting to have a go at polishing will be able to do so, claying, waxing, washing etc - we're hoping to have everything covered

If you want to send me pictures, please do so and I'll try and advise on the best course of action for you to take..

Lol carnt blame me 4 trying i doubt very much i have tge cleaning skill to get them sorted. Ill get pics later

Punto know it all
    what time will it be open to Matt? ive got a combo van, not the cleanest but want to start practicing on the large side panels with a polisher etc and try different things out so i know how to "make it clean" for when i get a nice car. Yea its not far at all so would be good to check out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast