Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban on sale section

Punto know it all

Thumbs down Ban on sale section

Any chance that you can stop people cloggin up the parts section with seperate threads for each part please its unfair on people who want to sell stuff when others are sellin multiple parts in single threads any chance of a vote to club members or a straight up admin block on this its a killer tryin to find stuff 3pages bk that was only there a day or two ago due to the same people doin it!

Punto know it all
    Dont be a tit! Stop moaning and do the same, start an individual thread for each part you wish to sell!

Or are you going to complain to eBay next because I have x amount of listings instead of having one general listing.

Grow up

Punto know it all
    i tried a wile back to ask the same (puntobay) but no success,
    doubt they will do it mate

An advert is an advert, you only get spam if you have listed 200 parts in 1 thread, so for the buyer it is easier to filter through

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    There are tools to assist you - threads per page by section, search this forum, subscribe to thread.

Andy C is currently the main culprit and although I advised him that the huge pic.s he takes and links would be OK per thread, he'd given no indication of the massive no. of threads he would be submitting or bumping regularly.

TBH, there's laziness on all fronts, but everyone rides their own hobby horse. Try appealing to each other as changes and limitations aren't likely to be done soon, if at all. I can't do it, that's for sure.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Gt3guy. Shame on you for naming names. Andy has only done it because others have done it. Such as myself, and I have done it because others have done so. It is a problem in my opinion.

People shouldn't take the piss. However there is no clear rule to say you cant post individual posts for hundreds of parts. I think there should be. If your selling more than x amount of items they should go in one thread.

there should just be a limit of 5 threads per person at the same time.

you can have as many parts in each thread as you wish, but no doubles.

pretty simple like that.

Punto know it all
    I'd agree with beau. No reason not to list similar items together, i'm sure 5 would be enough threads to group most similar things!

To defend Andy though, he hasn't actually bumped everything. He has added new items today and yesterday. Smaller items could be listed together but even 5 items creates to much spam imo. I'd do the same if i were selling as the buyer can see exactly what he's looking for on a simple search

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    Gt3guy. Shame on you for naming names. Andy has only done it because others have done it. Such as myself, and I have done it because others have done so. It is a problem in my opinion.

People shouldn't take the piss. However there is no clear rule to say you cant post individual posts for hundreds of parts. I think there should be. If your selling more than x amount of items they should go in one thread.
    I'm unashamed, as I made my point with currently and main, after indicating some solutions to the perceived "problem".

I could quote related "problems" too, such as:

Lack of consideration of the consequences for others.
    Poor spelling defeats searches.
    Inability/lack of effort to fully utilise the tools available.
    Search tool doesn't seem to support "phrase" searching.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast