Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal payments - Dos and Don'ts...

Punto Lover
    I think the fee think will be annoying IMO, But i do understand where you are comming from. Why not do some sort of trader perk, if some one has brough something, recieved it and happy then then get good feed back. Abit like ebay tbh, and then the buyer can look on the feedback and if he has a few bad one or something, then it reasures them. Just a thought si

There's a system in use aready Shaun called I trader. I don't think everyone uses it though ...

We have itrader which has been going for years now lol

Quote Originally Posted by sxh71 View Post
    I think the fee think will be annoying IMO, But i do understand where you are comming from. Why not do some sort of trader perk, if some one has brough something, recieved it and happy then then get good feed back. Abit like ebay tbh, and then the buyer can look on the feedback and if he has a few bad one or something, then it reasures them. Just a thought si
    How is it annoying £30 with fee's is £32..........simples, but i'd still ask for £30, just people are tight on here

Punto Enthusiast
    well i gave a trader rating to the people i buyed from but i think it would be good if the buyer would receive a trader to,so when he offers for something or is pending a sale the seller should know if it's serious a buyer or not.for me the trader rating is very important as i buy something that need shiping to other country can't pay a big amount of money to someone that has no trader,maybe it screws me up.sorry for my bad english,alex

Quote Originally Posted by jack-de View Post
    cheers for the headlights wilky

Haha! No problem, I mugged them off some daft southerner

I think Some people may be confused, paypal has nothing to do with the forum, it's just a simple way of sending money to a stranger, which is precisely what 90% of the users are to other users.

I can't sit and say that paying as a gift is banned, because it's always down to the individual. If you dont want to pay fees and risk it then that's up to you.

The itrader system is in place to help people show their trading reputation, just like eBay.
    If you chose to buy from someone with little or no reputation then paying paypal fees is a little bit of insurance.

What I can ask is for sellers not to ask for payments as a gift, because it's not a gift it's a payment for an item.

Punto know it all
    When ever I said payments on paypal I always cover the fees swell as putting a description of what it is I'm paying for too just so I can link that payment with the item just incase

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by mozovdarlo View Post
    I think gift payments on the forum shouldn't be allowed, isn't hard to add the fees to the asking price and that way everyone is covered.

Incase some of you don't know already, this works out the paypal fee amounts http://www.tutv.co.uk/fresh/bitsandp...paypalcost.php
    Couldn't agree more.

I know you can't physically ban gift payments but i do think it should be stipulated in the rules that gift payments are not allowed.

But then how would it be policed? Couldn't ban someone for recieving a gift payment. Nor for sending a gift payment, that's why I keep saying it's down to the buyers discression.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast