Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PayPal payments - Dos and Don'ts...

Punto know it all
    Perhaps request that people with an itrader rating of say less than 10 aren't allowed to ask for gift payments, might be a bit easier to enforce - can simply delete it off the thread before it's approved.

I'm asking NO ONE to ask for a gift payment. It makes no difference at all to the seller if the buyer pays fees or the buyer sends as a gift, so the only difference is to the buyer.

If the buyer doesn't want to pay the extra they can send as a gift at their own risk.

Again, I can't make forum rules saying 'You cannot send as a gift', I can only advise you not to unless you think the seller is trustworthy enough to give them money without any insurance!

Punto know it all
    I didnt' know that the buyer could pay the fees?

in that case... I would welcome people buying from me who pay by pal pal to pay for the fees intead as personal payment

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    the buyer pays the fees by the seller adding that price to the listing price.

Not always. How many adds do you see asking the buyer to cover fees, or a different price if you're paying with paypal?

I always ask buyer to pay fees if I'm selling goods and the buyer wants to pay with paypal, I advise all other's to do the same. Either that or list a slightly higher price for people wishing to pay with paypal.

Punto Lover
    Lol you cant stop people from sending money as a gift. IMO its your choice wether you send it as a gift or not, for instance everyone i have purchased items from are quite well known forum members so obviously they are not going to run off with my monies.
    If you suspect the character to be a little bit shady then dont send it as a gift. Its common sense really

Exactlyz.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    i tend to always put the fee in with the asking price to be honest. if the buyers willing to pay the asking price then the fees are paid anyway

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Unstuck prior to converting the recommendation and information into a section announcement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123