Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal payments - Dos and Don'ts...

PayPal payments - Dos and Don'ts...

Please be aware that if you pay for an item via PayPal and you send the payment as a gift, you won't be legally covered for any financial loss by PayPal. Therefore we strongly recommend that you use the PayPal 'commercial' payment for 'goods', this will also ensure that your PayPal profile's delivery name and address details are sent with the payment notification to the seller. Easy Peasy!

Paypal's insurance is only valid if you or the seller pays the fees they charge. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer an option to specify 'I will pay the fees', unless using a Credit Card. So, it should be understood that the seller's prices do not generally reflect incorporation of the fees in the price quoted, so it is the buyer's responsibility to either ask, or to add 20p plus 4% of the total asking price to the amount to be sent.

So, if you are sent a lump of coal, and you have paid as a gift then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Also, do not transfer money or put cash into a strangers bank account as payment for items bought through this forum, again using this method gives you no protection if something happens and you do not receive your goods.

Thank you.
    Last edited by WilkyWay; 30th July 2012 at 21:43.

Also, when you send as a gift, the recipient doesn't recieve your address...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    Please be aware that if you pay for an item with paypal and you send the payment as a gift, you won't be covered for anything by paypal.

Paypals insurance is only valid if you or the seller pays the fee's they charge.

So if you are sent a lump of coal, and you have paid as a gift then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Thankyou.
    do i have anything to worry bout then as thats what i sent you lol

lol and me, lets hope i don't get a lump of coal instead of my headlights Wilky haha

Punto Lover
    did you get morretts?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    Please be aware that if you pay for an item with paypal and you send the payment as a gift, you won't be covered for anything by paypal.

Paypals insurance is only valid if you or the seller pays the fee's they charge.

So if you are sent a lump of coal, and you have paid as a gift then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Thankyou.
    Been bitten Si?

Welsh Events Organiser
    No disrespect intended as i know most on here can be trusted, but i think payent as a gift should be banned for trading on a forum.

If you're trading with someone you know or trust then it should be done away from the forum.

People being ripped off seems to be a common occurence on a lot of forums i use and all of them are down to gifting payments.

Meant to lock this thread, nevermind.

How can we ban it? It's down to the individual user to decide weather they want to pay the fees, to act as insurance.
    No I've not been stung, just something that I thought I should bring up.

Rachel and Bevvy, lets just hope I'm trustworthy enough!

Punto Lover
    cheers for the headlights wilky

I think gift payments on the forum shouldn't be allowed, isn't hard to add the fees to the asking price and that way everyone is covered.

Incase some of you don't know already, this works out the paypal fee amounts http://www.tutv.co.uk/fresh/bitsandp...paypalcost.php

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast