8 40.00%
  • just let it be

1 5.00%
  • who cares get on with it

7 35.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: puntobay

Punto know it all
    No please don't because then you would have to be a paid member to buy swell and that limits the amount of people who can buy the items
    Like it has been said before it's a bonus section to the forum and no doubt brings people to it, so if you have to be a paid member to use it it might put people off wanting to join especially when there are other fiat forums that still do it for free

Punto Lover
    One of the things i loved about the forum when i first joined was that the classifieds were free so personally i think we should leave it like that and maybe encourage people to donate to the site? On renault5gtturbo.com its the same story but nearly every member has donated £1-£5 and tbh i think most people here would for the sake of a few quid?? Idk just an idea.

Punto know it all
    jack i think that is a great idea well said

We've discussed in the past some form of donation system. Full membership for people like me and my dad is a waste of time and money, plus we're not interested in club stickers etc (as we have our own). Until Si got his hands on the accounts, we were also reluctant to put money into a club with suspicion as to what it's being used for. Now all that's in the past, we're likely to donate in the future, if/when that option is available, in exchange for signatures and that ever so sought after "edit post" feature

I suspect there's many people the same.

If the for sale section required a donation or paid subscription, then that would be a good thing, as Dan said, you pay to sell stuff everywhere, yet here it is free. You wouldn't be narrowing your audience of potential buyers, because like on other forums who use this system, ANYONE would be able to buy... it'd be a small fee, like £5 per month, or £15 for the year! That way you get the people who only want a "garage sale" paying £5 and you get those in it for the long term paying the £15. Keeps the clubs accounts running. The yearly fee could also be incorporated into the full membership package, which would be another reason to join.

Just my thoughts. Very easy to implement really. Not rocket science by any means

Punto Lover
    I agree with most of that matt, i think £5 a month is a bit steep but then if its just for a 1 off sale then i suppose its not too bad. How about a 1/2% automatic fee for whatever the item sold for goes straight into the psc accounts.. but then that would be really difficult to set up as PSC and paypal are not connected in any way shape or form.
    I do know for definate though now that Wilky is incharge of the accounts people will be MUCH more likely to make a donation!!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Until Si got his hands on the accounts, we were also reluctant to put money into a club with suspicion as to what it's being used for.
    I've been on this site for years & thats the sole reason why i've been unwilling to pay to become a member. Every person thats run this club has appeared to be very secretive as to what the money generated from memberships, advertising etc has been used for.

If its free to sell on here then people are likely to put things on here before elsewhere & that benefits us does it not? Or possibly have it free to sell items for under £50 (or whatever small value) but a fee for more expensive things? If someone is selling a car for £2k then a £5 fee is good but not if someone is selling an item for £10

Punto know it all
    debo hit the nail here add sigs so people can show there car off and also there talent in design as i was with pasionford for a long time and the use off a sig was a great bonus also the avitar was great it gives the fourum a little more detail and character

i put my morrettes and car for sale on here but that is a one off ive never listed anything else as i wanted to give people a chance to own morrettes as i got very bored of them and the car well its going due to family if i had to pay i would but im still not gona become a member due to the slating i get on here i use this site as part of a hobbie and upcoming interests but i soon drifted away due to a few plastic gangsters also thats why i don't go shitty fake-side no more

and [COLOR="rgb(112, 128, 144)"]Neil[/COLOR] its true that's how i fill the forum will make alot more money that way most other forums are doing the same

Become a member and get a signiture, and an avatar....

I did say "pay to sell" not to buy... £5 for a web membership for 12months is NOTHING, thats the size of it in a nutshell. The club accounts need to be re-generated and there is a simple solution to doing that.

Donations are a cute idea, but just wont work. This forums cant even cough up money for a product they'll have in their hands during group buys etc etc...

Having limits/cut offs/automatice percentages??lol..wont work, too much policing needs to be done and its already hard enough for the moderators to keep the forum clean and tidy as it is.

Everyone being forced to pay to SELL in the classifieds also adds extra security because the club administrator will have all sellers details.

Plastic gangsters.lol. What/who are they?

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Plastic gangsters.lol. What/who are they?
    Me

Still agree with selling a members only perk, and what you said about the mods having all sellers information convinces me even more

Also clear your fooking inbox

I'm just a newbie on here and to be honest i don't know a great deal about fixing cars. What worries me in this thread is the fact that a third of users who voted in the poll would rather say "who cares get on with it" Sorry but that is b u l l s h i t...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast