Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Type R vs ...

Punto Lover
    haha worth a try todd and dan agreed them clio cups are ridicolous when it comes to corners. Its like they are on rails. The 3 wheeling is brilliant to watch aswell. Tripod ftw!

Punto know it all
    That wasn't Neil ( my brother) driving thought u would have figured that one ? Lol 'illegally' what a pathetic excuse don't make me laugh ha..the boost comes in at around 3700 lol and is at full boost around 4500?? Haha my dad will beat up your dad anyday if this is what it's leading to? My father is rather old to be worried about cars ? Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    That wasn't Neil ( my brother) driving thought u would have figured that one ? Lol 'illegally' what a pathetic excuse don't make me laugh ha..the boost comes in at around 3700 lol and is at full boost around 4500?? Haha my dad will beat up your dad anyday if this is what it's leading to? My father is rather old to be worried about cars ? Happy?
    That's still a lot of lag mate. Full boost is where the fun begins, we all know this

I wouldn't say me using driving illegally as an excuse really, I have a clean licence and want to keep it that way. I'm no saint, don't get me wrong, I don't drive at 28 in a 30 etc. But just because you pair thrash your car to death on film, doesn't mean everyone else should. Its freedom of choice, just like why I don't bother building engines. I make cars look pretty, rather than make them go fast. Its different sort of skill. I've done a few track days mate, and would definately recommend them to anyone who really wants to drive their car hard and push on in a safe environment. Once you've done that, the desire to drive fast on the roads quickly wains, because you simply cannot drive both fast and safe on the UK roads.. You never know what's around the next corner....

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by hobizoli View Post
    YouTube - Renault Clio 172 vs Civic Type R

The unbeatable "corner killer" CTR takeovered from the outside, LOOOOOOL

Don't forget the Thai/ costs (here) twice as a PGT as new and 1.5x as the RS Clio (here), and it has a shorter ratio 6 speed gearbox and LSD as stock too. But is really better than twice for it...?

IMHO the higher cornering speed doesn't gives so much plus as the faster accerleration. Higher cornering speed +10km/h in a corner on ~80meters, and after this a 10km/h lower speed in a half kilometer long straight line...
    Back at ya. Nearly ten minutes of a Clio trying to better the EP3 LMFOA. It is a boring video though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oupGXnFWDD8"]YouTube - Monza Clio Rs vs Civic TypeR[/ame]

Lol at this thread but it's good to see the GT kicking some Jap butt

Thing is all this "but my car is faster around the track" is irrelevant on the roads, nothing beats blowing away some twat who is driving up your ass trying to get past just because they think they've got a better badge than you.

So while we're willy waving i'd thought i'd remind you of the ultimate hot hatch, is it a Type R , Focus ST or a Clio 182 ? No, it's still Italian, it's the beautiful & pure muscle power 147 GTA

I've totally annialated Type R's Golfs & Focus ST's if you think a Type R is quick after 100mph try a GTA

Can the GTA handle ? well standard maybe not but as a Q2 diff is essential (cos the diffs blow) they arn't too bad.

Here's a tuned GTA thats quicker than an M3 around a track

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEUoYuPGBI"]YouTube - Top Gear - Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Autodelta 328 CV[/ame]

147GTA holds abit of a price premium over a TypeR though no??

Punto Lover
    exclusivity??? Lol

No question of doubt the 147GTA is a nice desirable hot hatch, great looks, power and sounds but it really doesnt appeal to enough people for them to want one i reckon.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post

...Luckily I know who my daddy is..
    Hahaa! Looks like ive upset u a little.. couldnt handle the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    No question of doubt the 147GTA is a nice desirable hot hatch, great looks, power and sounds but it really doesnt appeal to enough people for them to want one i reckon.
    Yea but ctr's like a contagious diarrhea.. If i was given the option i'd go for the alfa, something different, more stylish and grown up.

Neil

Yeah but given the option if it was cost free Neil.

Like for like, pound for pound (money pounds) you wouldnt i dont think.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast