Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clifford concept 400 alarm

Clifford concept 400 alarm

As the title states this was removed from the GT i broke, in full working condition ect

Cat 1 system

£60 collected/ £70 delivered
    Last edited by Vern; 20th February 2011 at 15:48.

Punto Enthusiast
    does it come with wiring instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by dvb2908 View Post
    does it come with wiring instructions?
    No mate but I'm sure you could download it or find a manual via eBay?

Punto Enthusiast
    If it is a concept 400 - I have the install guide/wiring details for this alarm on my PC.

Pure co-incidence that i've got the install manual for it. (They are a bar-stard to find online)

Mine is an Avantguard 4 + Intellistart 4. Think I stumbled across the Concept 400 guide when looking for a manual for mine. (Thought - i'll keep that, might come in useful one day)

Weird how fate works, eh?

Let me know if you want the manual for it. Tis in '.pdf' format, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat to view it.

Punto Enthusiast
    Just to add - thats a bargain bit of kit at £60 if it works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_RS View Post
    If it is a concept 400 - I have the install guide/wiring details for this alarm on my PC.

Pure co-incidence that i've got the install manual for it. (They are a bar-stard to find online)

Mine is an Avantguard 4 + Intellistart 4. Think I stumbled across the Concept 400 guide when looking for a manual for mine. (Thought - i'll keep that, might come in useful one day)

Weird how fate works, eh?

Let me know if you want the manual for it. Tis in '.pdf' format, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat to view it.
    Oh nice one yeah cheers that would be most helpfull then for the buyer, can you email it to me at matthew226@msn.com
    Cheers

Punto Lover
    Just to add - thats a bargain bit of kit at £60 if it works good.
    Worth noting that the installation needs to be certified to make it Cat 1 in the eyes of the insurance company.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by birdraceruk View Post
    Worth noting that the installation needs to be certified to make it Cat 1 in the eyes of the insurance company.
    Can see your point.

But stuff the insurance - An alarm is just for my peace of mind.

If you offset the price of a certificated installation (by a supposedly qualified auto-sparky just out of sparky-school) against the amount it brings down your insurance, it aint really worth paying to have it certified. (Especially on a punto GT)

Plus at least if you do the installation yourself, you will learn how these things work, you know exactly where you've routed the wires, can hide the brain wherever you like, if it plays up you will have half a clue how to fix it, and as with these cliffords, you can wire up your own auxilliary outputs to do fun stuff like remote boot poppers, remote control your windows (for the summer of course), a remote 'honk' on your horn to find your car at the car boot sale (or just to look out of your bedroom window and 'honk' the life out of some poor beggar carrying their weekly shopping) - The possibilities are endless.

If you're not confident with electrics, its pointless buying a secondhand clifford really. Buy a new one and have it fitted/certified. If you can do electrics, save your money and do it yourself with a working used one.

From what I can see in the pic - the box on the left is an Intellistart Box - that thing (when wired right) will start your car off the remote. (Ideal for those winter mornings... no more scraping the windows and freezing your ass off.

As said - bargain at £60

Punto Lover
    From what I can see in the pic - the box on the left is an Intellistart Box - that thing (when wired right) will start your car off the remote. (Ideal for those winter mornings... no more scraping the windows and freezing your ass off.

As said - bargain at £60
    Well spotted, I hadn't noticed that. Worth also noting that unless things have changed (which they may have) Intellistart negates the Cat 1 rating anyway.

The bit you are right about though is that it is a bargain at £60

Punto know it all
    Remote start as said does completely invalidate the Category 1 rating!

And just bare in mind you can buy a brand new Toad Cat 1 in the box for £100!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast