Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: quick glanza!

Brummy bummer
    Ever sat inside a Glanza? They are f*cking horrific. Even if it was slower, I still know which car I'd have!

Easy to make a car go quick in a straight line. Who would have an Evo in yellow aswell lol!!!

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Easy to make a car go quick in a straight line. Who would have an Evo in yellow aswell lol!!!
    They've only heard of straight roads here

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    They've only heard of straight roads here
    For every tuned Glanza there is a tuned Evo... 600, 800, 1000hp are common place on the MLR...

FWIW the VII sounds standard which is 276hp for any non UK model and he gased it after the rice box so was never going to win.

Punto know it all
    on the defensive now, reel him into the catch net lads.......

he not likey.

i take it the glanza would be pulverised by an evo if it had between 600-1000 brake then?

forget all the wizardry going on under the floor pan........thats a fair duel-not.

wonder what bhp numbers could be made if the playing field was a bit more levelled with maybe 2 litres under the glanza as opposed to a pissy 1.3
    Last edited by clarkster; 7th February 2011 at 17:19.

It's the same old scenario though, tuned car vs a non tuned car. Usually you have a car that is reasonably quick as standard, for relevance to this forums intrepid rut-stuckery and example an EP3 Civic TypeR and a Seb2 Punto GT... See where it's going??

It's never an equal quantity side by side. If it was a stock Supra and Evo it would have relevance, if the starlet had a Supra engine it would have more relevance than it does now...

It's not even a good video, kids in America make brilliant movies for YouTube, were stuck with a wank handheld phone movie in
    >1080-notreadyfortheHD.
    Last edited by Superman; 7th February 2011 at 20:12.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    tbh that glanza doesnt have to be that quick, when my GT was seb4 with gt25r, i was blowing from the manifold - turbo join quite badly, but still managed to keep up with an standard EVO V, if it was running spot on i would have pulled on him. I'd say it was no more than 300hp tbh

Quote Originally Posted by ToddGT View Post
    tbh that glanza doesnt have to be that quick, when my GT was seb4 with gt25r, i was blowing from the manifold - turbo join quite badly, but still managed to keep up with an standard EVO V, if it was running spot on i would have pulled on him. I'd say it was no more than 300hp tbh
    But again, thats what i mean and a great example of where this always goes...

Tuned Punto, more than just a bleed valve and exhuast here, a good %'age more power than stock vs a standard car, doesnt matter what the other car is, its 3 quarters BS.

Only way you would have a conclusion worth believeing would be a drag race, or even something like the MLR's 30-130 competition.

In a real situation its not so clean cut, i dont believe a Seb4 punto would keep with another car that has 280hp nevermind pull a gap. Doent matter about power-to-weight ratios, HP per tonne or the transmission lay out.

Punto Lover
    ^^true, my next project will be a starlet im affraid always wanted one but just unsure on how reliable they are ie. like fiats lol

Boot your dosey missus out and get a proper car Matt

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast