Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT turbo questions. Help please!!

GT turbo questions. Help please!!

Hey up. Thinking of gettin a GT cos I had a 75 elx when I first started driving with a full Abarth kit on. Loved it! But obviously want to go abit faster now.

Just wondering what it's like on petrol. Like how many miles to a full tank with every day driving and what it's like on motorways.

I know insurance can be abit on the high side but is tax cheap?

I'm running a ford puma 1.7 at min n it's costing me an arm and a leg.

Thanks for ur help

Insurance is very much down to the individual really. Mileage, post code etc... What group is the Pooma? The GT is a 14.

IIRC my old GT used to average about 25mpg, not excellent but not that bad if you don't do that many miles. Used to get around 300 miles to a tank.

Punto Lover
    i got 200 miles to £25 on seb0 setup and 180 miles to £30 on standard gt3 so chip= save money dependant on how you drive!

Banned
    Mpg will be different from car to car, i know my gt1 probably done 120 miles to £20 because it had a drinking problem and i was flat out every where
    Where as my last gt3 done over 200 miles to £20 because it was set up correctly and i got sensible

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by munch8987 View Post
    Mpg will be different from car to car, i know my gt1 probably done 120 miles to £20 because it had a drinking problem and i was flat out every where
    Where as my last gt3 done over 200 miles to £20 because it was set up correctly and i got sensible
    Over 200 miles to £20? how much was the price of fuel? unless it was <80p per litre then you are speaking total bollocks. Total utter shite even.....

Dont lead this poor guy into thinking that he will get that kinda mileage....

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by munch8987 View Post
    Even if fuel was as cheap as 95 pence per litre, then your £20 would have got you 21 litres, which is equivalent to 4.6 gallons (calling a gallon 4.5 litres dead on)

Basically you are saying that your 200 miles, divided by your 4.6 gallons returned 44.9mpg?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by cusworth12 View Post
    Hey up. Thinking of gettin a GT cos I had a 75 elx when I first started driving with a full Abarth kit on. Loved it! But obviously want to go abit faster now.

Just wondering what it's like on petrol. Like how many miles to a full tank with every day driving and what it's like on motorways.

I know insurance can be abit on the high side but is tax cheap?

I'm running a ford puma 1.7 at min n it's costing me an arm and a leg.

Thanks for ur help
    I'd expect 25 miles to £5, 50 miles to £10 etc etc, and any more squeezed in here and there is a little bonus

Punto Lover
    They arent too bad on fuel, but it depends on what you want it for. If you want it for a daily driver always stuck in traffic i wouldn't, stop starting isnt fuel effient at the best of time, but i find with the GT it's particularly shocking lol, so your Puma could be better then. But on motorways it's pretty good providing you drive sensibly.

Tax is cheap though, it's only £68.75 for 6 months which im sure is cheaper than your puma.

Insurance wise though, it's going to cost more without a doubt.

Punto know it all
    well you can do much worse than a GT considering the performance they give if fuel economy is a consideration. my car runs at least 160bhp on Seb2. I dont know the exact figures but last year during some touring on fast A roads and motorways I clocked 386 miles after filling right up before the fuel warning light came on. Add a conservative 25 miles onto that and youre looking at 405 miles on a full tank. I cant remember the cost per litre last September but I think it was about £52 to fill up. consumption works out at approx. 36 mpg which i am more than happy with. round town short journeys do bring that down a fair bit roughly 60-70 miles on a tenners worth.

Punto Enthusiast
    I'm currently getting around 90 miles to £20 worth of 99RON petrol and thats with a fair bit of stop start traffic and short journeys on a standard gt3. Theres no way you'd get 200 miles from £20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast