Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Organising a track day

Punto Lover
    Mike am i understanding right your paying 300 a month ? lol surely i've got that wrong haha!

Banned
    thats crazyyy money how many times do you go a month though?

im alright i got a set of ebc turbogrooved discs and pads they should be ok with the heat, its tyres and suspension that worrys me.

this track day will be a bit like the 1000 alfa challenge on top gear i can see it now lolz

Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    thats crazyyy money how many times do you go a month though?

im alright i got a set of ebc turbogrooved discs and pads they should be ok with the heat, its tyres and suspension that worrys me.

this track day will be a bit like the 1000 alfa challenge on top gear i can see it now lolz
    You'd be surprised how quickly even fast road brakes will go off.

Even under road conditions when you can kane the car you'll still never force it into 2-3 or more severe braking points every minute or so.

'Fast road' pads are for exactly what they say on the box, fast road use. They will die within 15 mins as stated on a track. You need something designed for big temperatures and big stops!

That said, with a standard turbo a GT will crack it's head and boil all it's coolant in 10 minutes so it doesn't really matter!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Then **** has happened. You dont need insurance, its not a requirment, if you stacked it into that E-type then its tough ****, not your responsibility to cough up. Its a risk you take on a track.

Dont need a race license though you will need a drivers license, OBV.

Helmets are a requirement.

Id be up for coming to a group session, maybe not at Combe though as cost me £100 in fuel to get there and back at least.

A full open pit at somewhere like Cadwell park can be had for as little as £80.
    umm... so if i raced you for instance dan not that my gt would keep up with the evo but say i went into the back of you and you needed new boot,bumper rear screen,lights ect would you let me tow my gt home and not pay you a penny for your repairs

if so banger racing anyone

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    Sh1t brakes lol, i had ebc turbogrooved discs with redstuff pads on the front of the 200, and are ****ing shocking, changed to brembo grooved discs with ferrado 2500 pads - win

DS2500's are whats going on the evo next month.

After a full day at Oulton Park with them in my mates clio and not one bit of fade I would recommend them to Anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by matts.gt1 View Post
    umm... so if i raced you for instance dan not that my gt would keep up with the evo but say i went into the back of you and you needed new boot,bumper rear screen,lights ect would you let me tow my gt home and not pay you a penny for your repairs

if so banger racing anyone
    Id be ****ing gutted massively, but its the **** of the draw in that case. You never know, maybe i would have fully comp track day insurance. Can get options on things like that when you pay as much as i do for Evo insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post

After a full day at Oulton Park with them in my mates clio and not one bit of fade I would recommend them to Anyone!
    Fook m my DS2500s dont half squeel! I do like them though, get a **** load of dust from them too but i do have grooved Grp.N discs. Need new rear discs soon too, more bastard money lol

Punto Lover
    [QUOTE=Superman;1176809]Id be ****ing gutted massively, but its the **** of the draw in that case. You never know, maybe i would have fully comp track day insurance. Can get options on things like that when you pay as much as i do for Evo insurance.

i would even want a sniff a what your insurance is silly amount no doubt i got a qoute of go compare for an evo4 few months back £3.5k fully comp, yet £950 for an mr2 tbar twin entry turbo lol my gt is only £430. would be great to give u a race tho.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post

awesome pads, i'll never use anything else now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast