Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you getting old???

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by birdraceruk View Post
    You have hit the nail firmly on the head!
    Everyone should stick an extra £500 on top of the sale price, lol.

Would it help I was rude to all these younger people like I used to be? it was funnier then yes?

Punto Sports Club Member
    Rather than waffle on about the why's, I think the main reasons have been mentioned. I find myself barely posting any more yet like you log multiple times per day in the hope there is something interesting to read... Or even do.

So any suggestion to change this mindset?

I buy a GT again, tune it and inspire a generation like I did before? well I don't really have money for a toy car at the moment. My K14XON plate is currently on a Mazda 2.

Punto know it all
    Dan,

you've just written something i've felt for months, i think half the problem is that this place isnt a community anymore, the older members who had punto's have sold and moved on but still hang around(where else are we going to go...) and for me the site isnt active enough and bores me(no i wont f**k off just yet).

we log on 3/4 times an hour(if not more) hoping to find something to read or respond to but for me i read stupid questions that have been covered over and over and i have to stop my self replying fir a moan about how to use the fcuking search button.

Punto Sports Club Member cinquepunto's Avatar
    all the girls left, and with it all sense of purpose! haha

I know what you mean though, even I seem to be spending less and less time on here.

I think half of it is we don't have any meets any more, but when we did it was only the "old core" that turned up.
    CinquePunto - Five Point Photography
    Like a bulldog eating mayonnaise!...

Punto know it all
    Another thing that winds me up is dragging old posts up and wondering why they cant get an answer, ffs look at the date on the post!!!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    well i have to agree to an extent, i do find myself just flicking through new posts then moving on to diffrent forums, and with regards to selling stuff: like you dan i made some good profits on here to aid my projects as well as offering people parts for a fraction of the price of breakers yards, yet now when i respond to a wanted post saying i have a part that they need for £30, i get a pm back saying ill give you £15 delivered, i have give up trying to sell parts now id rather fill the tip up tbh.

and like a previous post i belive its down to the age/attitude/brains of owners now rather than a site issue.
    You've got it spot on dean

Ive been coming here for about 3 years now, and even after i sold the gt would log on numerous times every day to read up on interesting projects. But like others have said, the only interesting project i have seen lately is sams mk2 and the guy doing the 20vt (sorry to any ive missed). now, i too log on click new posts, oh same sh1t different day and then go else where. A few times lately i may have even been spotted being snappy with noobies but for christ sake, are some of them really that dumb. Do you still get the welcome pm when you register explaining about introducing yourself and using the search function, becasue it seems no one searches and there are no intro's. its always "hi, ive got a problem".

Thats my input, 27 by the way if that has any relevance

Punto Lover
    havnt seen Puntoboy post in a little while either, maybe its just me. Looking at the join dates i can't really call myself one of the "old lot" but I agree with all that's been said.

When I first started on here with my sporting I'm pretty sure even I wasn't that stupid. And if i was i tried the search function and 9/10 times found what i was after.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    The lack of interest in the forum is the reason i never re-newed for the 3rd year by the way

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast