Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you getting old???

I loved travelling 200 miles to the mids to get side skirts, and manchester for something i cant remember. And often paid the asking.

Dan, i suggest you get them gift wrapped and have an immediate courier on stand by, to meet the counsumers needs aha.

Edit: or they want posting to bloody malta!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Kampione View Post
    I loved travelling 200 miles to the mids to get side skirts, and manchester for something i cant remember. And often paid the asking.

Dan, i suggest you get them gift wrapped and have an immediate courier on stand by, to meet the counsumers needs aha.

Edit: or they want posting to bloody malta!
    Bloody Malta! Whenever you want to sell something nobody wants it except for those in members in Malta.

I agree Dan, this place isn't what it use to be. I think its due to alot of us getting older but I can't remember being as spastic as some of the new members on here. I've been a member on here for 5 years now but I still remember using the search button back on day 1. This place bores me but I still keep coming back (probably in the hope that something interesting will crop up at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    Bloody Malta! Whenever you want to sell something nobody wants it except for those in members in Malta.

I agree Dan, this place isn't what it use to be. I think its due to alot of us getting older but I can't remember being as spastic as some of the new members on here. I've been a member on here for 5 years now but I still remember using the search button back on day 1. This place bores me but I still keep coming back (probably in the hope that something interesting will crop up at some point).

Lol, nicely put! I dont have a problem posting stuff anywhere personally, but its a shame non UK residents are willing to pay good money for stuff and the Brits are tight arse shits over most things. I used to make quite abit of money buying and selling bits.

The Xploit came out a profit, as did the 1600 engine and 2litre. But in the two years since its become a real problem selling basic stuff, have to basically give it away.

Punto know it all
    haha haaaaaaa

Bloody Malta!

Brummy bummer
    I'm not part of the "old guard" as such and only 22 but I agree with everything said in here. The forum has gone rapidly down hill of late and it just seems to be all clueless kids now. Tbh the more knowledgeable not replying is hilarious, just wait a while for some replies and it soon becomes a case of the blind leading the blind.

Take Cetin's bum boys for example. Personally Cetin seems okay apart from the secret HG made of digestive biscuits and thinking he's amazing for finding a 3" AFM lol. Yet his cheerleaders are a different breed of imbecile altogether.

Also agreed that other simular hot-hatch/warm-hatch based forums have massive differences, mostly for the better. Nowhere has as many idiots all wanting to be spoon fed as much as PSC

I hate to say it but i do agree with dan, this is the first post i have written in....... well i cant remember but reading my notices it says:

"Hello garfgt666 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

I just cant be bothered to post anymore! i usually turn on the comp load up puntosports and go straight to the new posts everytime but all i seem to be seeing is the same old, i love seeing new projects and seeing what others have done and helping others when i can but like you all have said things have changed and we just seem to be losing the old lads and ladies!! who know it all and replacing them with the younger generation, hmm what can i call them?......
    Last edited by garfgt666; 13th July 2010 at 18:16.

well i have to agree to an extent, i do find myself just flicking through new posts then moving on to diffrent forums, and with regards to selling stuff: like you dan i made some good profits on here to aid my projects as well as offering people parts for a fraction of the price of breakers yards, yet now when i respond to a wanted post saying i have a part that they need for £30, i get a pm back saying ill give you £15 delivered, i have give up trying to sell parts now id rather fill the tip up tbh.

and like a previous post i belive its down to the age/attitude/brains of owners now rather than a site issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Definately, its not the site. Its the users, they do march in and largely roam free though.

Punto know it all
    Gotta admit I'm more than willing to post items to
    Malta and stuff as long as they pay postage
    I sent hobiliza a boost pipe and dv to hungary how ever you spell it

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kampione View Post
    I think as Puntos become older and cheaper, the owners become ever younger and any odd person can pick one up for a few quid. Then want to make it a 600bhp pocket rocket.
    You have hit the nail firmly on the head!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast