Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you getting old???

Are you getting old???

Dont know why im writing this to be honest, i think id just bash my thoughts out into the relevant section of the forum.

I feel out of touch with this place... Obviously not having owned a Punto for over a year now is a factor but PSC is still the first bookmark i open, and multiple times daily. However i cant help but notice and i suppose to some extent feel the forum has become infested over this period, maybe longer!

For example and its not even a good representitive one...

hi everyone got a bit of a problem.. I changed my cam today and changed the oil but since then my oil pressure is only readin 1 bar on idle and 1 and a half bar wen drivin this obviously isnt right.. Anybody no what this could be? B4 i changed the oil it used to sit at 2 bar on warm idle and 3bar wen driving? Any ideas cheers
    Poor everything... The forum itself is noticably less active IMO. A couple of hours in the evening used to yeild pages of new posts, and interesting ones more importantly. Lately your lucky if its a page and and unfortunately its the same new breed of twit wanting to know the same old ****. I dont know whether its because i feel a little paternal over PSC after enjoying helping many people over the years and having a great lot of input but i just dont want to help some people anymore just because they come across as too stupid to warrant my effort.

Trying to sell basic stuff is a frigging nightmare with some people.

I cant say its not because of a change in me or my personality but im pretty sure i havnt done much changing so it leads me to deduce its the people on this forum now. Trying to take an objective view of the place and the only thing i see is a stagnant forum filled with sloppy kids with brains, and no idea. Just a real shame i think. You go on other similar forums to PSC, similar small cars, similar fan base and there are some stark differences, for the better, for them that is...

Im not suggesting its managment or anything else, i suppose im just professing my lack of input over the last couple of months is because the forums are over ran with idiots who've ruined a good forum. Shame.

Does anybody of a similar disposition feel the same? Id appreciate some of the old guards input.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Well i've only been around a couple of years and i can see exactly what you mean. I rarely bother to post anymore as some of the questions and actions of people on here these days defies belief

Hi Dan,

Yes, I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. I'm only 25, so not exactly what you would consider old.. especially as the next "youngest" person in my office is 33 but on here, yep, I feel like a grandad sometimes. The search engine seems to have ground to a halt - everything people are asking has been covered a hundred times or more and that's just in the last 12 months!! I've also noticed a lull in forum activity, and general projects seem to have ground to a halt aswell. A project on here nowadays is someone repairing a broken engine. That's no f**king project, it's just a neccessary job!! Where are all the big projects? You know you've got a disfunctional forum when arguably the most interesting project is being undertaken by a person who a) can't really be bothered telling you about it, and b) is 53 years old.

I remember when I joined here when I was 18, the forum was much better. I blame Puntoboy, he's ran the place into the ground (sorry Chris, couldn't resist that pot-shot )

I'm exactly like you though Dan, except about a foot taller.. I log onto the interweb and the first page I look at is here. It's quite sad, but this place has some sentimental value to me, as it was one of the first forums I was really involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGt031087 View Post
    Well i've only been around a couple of years and i can see exactly what you mean. I rarely bother to post anymore as some of the questions and actions of people on here these days defies belief
    Got any examples Dan?

Punto know it all
    completely agree with you Dan.

It's quite sad really, this place used to keep me amused nearly all day long, with the banter and a sense of belonging to a good group of like minded people. Then i remember all the arguments about moderating and ott policing, which seemed to make a lot of that good group turn its back on the forum. I'm sure the moderating has calmed down a lot since then (even have an 18+ section now ) but its too late, good members have already been lost.
    Now i just pop back every couple of hours to see if anything new has been posted, that i might be able to help someone with something.

Welsh Events Organiser
    if i get on a pc later tonight im sure i can dig up plently Even the post you quoted above, the guy states he's carried on driving the car even though there was little/no oil pressure. Just one example from the dozens upon dozens over recent months

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGt031087 View Post
    if i get on a pc later tonight im sure i can dig up plently Even the post you quoted above, the guy states he's carried on driving the car even though there was little/no oil pressure. Just one example from the dozens upon dozens over recent months
    Lol, at the above.
    I have a good example, the trooper is still being used even though it's down on a cylinder!!

I think as Puntos become older and cheaper, the owners become ever younger and any odd person can pick one up for a few quid. Then want to make it a 600bhp pocket rocket.

Only thing ive noticed is people offering me a bag of crisps for my BMC CDA air intake, or can i pay you a tenner now and then the rest when i get paid. This is probably because they cant afford insurance let alone have enough to modify with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampione View Post
    I think as Puntos become older and cheaper, the owners become ever younger and any odd person can pick one up for a few quid. Then want to make it a 600bhp pocket rocket.

Only thing ive noticed is people offering me a bag of crisps for my BMC CDA air intake, or can i pay you a tenner now and then the rest when i get paid. This is probably because they cant afford insurance let alone have enough to modify with.
    Agreed. Ive still got loads of stuff i need to sell, but its such a ballache.

Everyone wants what you have, just for not what you want, usually ~free and in 3 months or something.

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast