Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: standard gt ihi turbo

Punto know it all
    well im not sure to be honest m8... i think its the exhaust side seal....as when i give it the large pedal then let off i get a massive cloud of smoke out the exhaust.. also i think i can hear the impella catching the aliminium part of the turbo casing

Punto Lover
    Oh dear that will be the left/right play then mate, I dont think and oil thickness will prevent that to be honest.

So yes i would say you are correct this is gonna need a recon and rebalance.

You wount go far wrong with essex turbos mate. Or keep an eye on ebay for a dirt cheap one. TO be honest though for the money you've almost laid out you could have a New TT Stage 1 cant you?

Punto know it all
    i no m8 i was thinking that... but its always too late ...im dreading to see how much a full recon and balance is goin to be

Punto Lover
    Taken from TT PDF pricelist mate

Fiat Punto GT Stage 1 S190 VL7 130 - 180 10 - 22 T2 60 trim TT T2 360° screwed 10364-05 £525.00

Punto know it all
    yh m8 i no.. im not happy tbh.. is there anywhere that would take it as like part x

Punto Enthusiast
    hello hello brad, can't see it needing a balance as the impellar blades wasn't touching the aluminium casing when you got it. but as long as you don't get tempted to drive it anymore then you wont cause no more damage too it. but any time you do drive it can cause massive damage quite quickly... as said it was in the shed for 9months and as the seals had most likely dried up and got brittle then i said it was quite possible that it could happen. when i phoned you i did say i felt for you and felt abit guilty. so what i'll offer is some parts for free if you need anything.... although i did say it was a possibility that they could of gone brittle and when fitted and run that they could give way as you was happy as i told you the truth!!! but as i'm a nice chap i do feel for you and if you need any bits then just give me a txt.... i'll sort you out

Punto know it all
    cheers m8... ur a top man uve already sorted me out some parts however its not your fault as i was prewarned...just trying hard to see what i can do ...

Punto Lover
    Cant say fairer than that mate really.

I did say to him as well Rach that the weather could of got to the seals during 9 months off the enigine.

Punto Enthusiast
    no worries, just covering my back b4 people start slating me so have not had a dig at you, just making it clear that i said it was possible about the seals and you was more then happy with it

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyboy View Post
    yh m8 i no.. im not happy tbh.. is there anywhere that would take it as like part x
    I think all these 3 will take it as Part X

http://www.turbotechnics.com/turbo/exchange.htm

http://www.turbocentreuk.co.uk/newfactexch.htm

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast