Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: standard gt ihi turbo

Punto know it all
    nice man i fitted me stage 1 yday.. big smiles :P:P = very fast and powerful

Punto Lover
    i have a spare full head here with cam im goin to get a bottom end then goin to do everytihing to it smove off the block paint it same colour as the car do a yellow and black rocker uprate everythig while its getting built then put her in and play

Punto know it all
    im pissed off now lol.... just took it out for a drive annndddddddd!!!.. would u believe the turbo sils have gone and its leaking oil into the exhaust elbow which is then making massive clouds of smoke out the back .. so its out with the turbo agen and have new sils

Punto Lover
    gutterd for ya fella can not even think where to get them done there is garret in skem where i live but dont know if they do rebuilds there

that what just happened to me, iv got 2 turbos with oil seals problems, my car been off the road for 4 months now, no how u feel, just got look into a rebuild but dnt know where

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by liamel99 View Post
    that what just happened to me, iv got 2 turbos with oil seals problems, my car been off the road for 4 months now, no how u feel, just got look into a rebuild but dnt know where
    google is your friend... there are thousands of places who refurb turbos.

Punto know it all
    yh i no theres shed loads of places but they all so expensive n also.. ive just paid out 4over 400 for 2 turbos and an exhaust manifold.... so dont really wanna spend loads on a rebuild.... but liam go on my other thread in turbocharged models and theres a site thats good to use and they refurb for about £100 + VAT im guna ring them tuesday and c wat they say

Punto Lover
    So let me get this straight you bought a Turbo from this guy listed as working with no play and smoke you put it on and its smoking?

I know what i would be doing tomorrow, Thats taking it off and sending it back for a refund.

Unless of course you have another underlying problem and its not the turbos at all? You could have valve stem seal issue or another area where oil is passing into the turbo and burning off.

I highly doubt you have 2 turbos with 2 lots of seals gone.

Punto know it all
    well m8 i bought this stage 1 off a guy off here whos a nice chap.. but he did say it sat in his garage for 9 months... there was a bit of side to side movement but he said the oil should take some of that slack up... is this true??.. the other 1 i bought was off piston heads and got scammed by it and when i recieved it it was mullard the shaft moves in and out and side to side really bad...so im tryin to get my money back on that but not goin to well...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyboy View Post
    well m8 i bought this stage 1 off a guy off here whos a nice chap.. but he did say it sat in his garage for 9 months... there was a bit of side to side movement but he said the oil should take some of that slack up... is this true??.. the other 1 i bought was off piston heads and got scammed by it and when i recieved it it was mullard the shaft moves in and out and side to side really bad...so im tryin to get my money back on that but not goin to well...
    Well yh go to the trading standards about the Pistonheads one mate.

As for this one well if its been sat for 9 months outside i guess there is a slight chance of environmental deteriation but i just dont think it would cause it to smoke, While we are here as well try www.essexturbos.com for your refurb they were well cheap back in 2005/2006.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast