Renaults sportiest Diesel. Just under £11k with a combined mpg of around 67mpg and 0-60 of around 11s. For a diesel I was surprised. First off there was no waiting round before ignmition for the coils to be warmed up. You can just get in and drive like a petrol car with the drive itself being very similar to a petrol car.

The car adopts some new diesel technology whereby the diesel is combusted from a vapour rather than the liquid (or something like that ) and has a smaller turbo on the car which results in a shorter lag and elimiates the power drop off which is commonly associated with diesel turbos and, TDIs and such alike. The car redline around 5000rpm and it pulls pretty much all the way to this level. Driving it you wouldnt know it was a diesel aside from the slightly louder tickover when you first start it up.

Great little car to drive. Comfy seats, leather steering wheel, very economical and comes in 3 and 5 door versions, although it has to be said there is less space in the back of the 5dr one of these than there is in the Clio Sport 182! (my gf was in the back of both)

I was impressed with this car. It has amazing efficiencies and drives really smooth. The seats were quite nice although having jumped from the leather and suede sports seats in a clio sport 182, they did feel a little spacious, lol.

As a diesel I'd say the performance is very good on the road although I think the MG ZR Turbo Diesel (105 and 115bhp) models with 240 and 260nm torque respectively would anialate it. These are not available in my local MG show room at the moment so will be able to compare in a few weeks when they arrive in.

Nice little car but if you're getting a diesel you may as well get the fastest one about and the MG ZR I think may gain this title.