Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my old punto

Punto Enthusiast

my old punto

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-FIAT-PUNT...item4a9f94023c

sold it beginning of feb so the person who baught it didnt have it very long.

just note that when sold it had a rusty floor pan and sills, there was a whole under the drivers seat from rot.the left headlamp wasnt secured in properly so unless its had alot of welding done it has a dodgy mot would make a really good donar car as the engine gearbox turbo all the main components were faultless the only part that let the car down was the trusty rust.hasnt had a cambelt done in its life either unless he has done it since owning it i did leave a new belt and kit in the boot for him.

punto gt :(

i am bidding on this omg i thought it was going to be best thing i could of brought thanks m8

Punto know it all

Re: my old punto

I was thinking of having a bid too

Punto Enthusiast
    i cant say that the seller of the car hasnt done welding to the floor to get it through the mot but from going on the discription and the photos id suggest that he probably hasnt and from 1st impressions on meeting him he was a 18/19 chav i could be wrong.from owning the car and knowing the car inside out i wouldnt pay no more than 500 for it.u cant see from the pics but the drivers wing is dented quite low from when i accidentaly drove a few inches forwards with a wheel clamp on and the drivers door is naff.

i am sooo glad didnt click buy it now £1400 coz i thought it was a bargin at that price with front monuted intercooler and sooo close to me :P

Punto Enthusiast
    like i say would be a brilliant donar car as when i had it it was mechanically sound but he wants 2 much for it....he baught it from me for 1300.

Punto know it all

Re: my old punto

He just told me it's just had a small hole in the footwell welded.

Punto Enthusiast
    like i say i cant say he hasnt had the welding done but there will be alot more welding to come on it.

Punto Lover
    Why doesnt some1 go check the car out see if the bloke has done the welding on it and maybe see if any more welding needs doing? Thanks to dan looks like some of you has stopped from being ripped off!! When dan had this gt we met up, and i can honesty say the engine was sound and pulled very very nicely with no faults, smoke etc!

Punto Enthusiast
    i loved the car when i was in ownership of it i replaced both rear arms driverside front arm/ball joint....the wheels and tyres were on there when i baught the car a year ago and are in really good condition but there not new and they have no centre caps....the tubby was a reconditioned 1 i always left the car to warm up and down and always used premium fuel....in all fairness it does need eyes over it especialy underneath it with good light that was the cars only weakness....i had endless problems with air locks in the water system wich later led to be a small hole in the water feed to the turbo wich over time let air in....before selling the car this was replaced with a new piece of tubing so there wasnt any problems with it overheating or the fan not coming on.no warning lights on the dash when i had it.slight oil leak from the oil sump seal and not all the time but every now n then there was a rotational clicking noise from around the cambelt area wich started on tickover and carried on happening up to around 3k revs then would die off but come back on rev down i couldnt identify what it was as it was only occasional.exhaust is loud very loud infact.if anybody actualy wants more info on it give me a shout as theres none on the advert and plus it would be good to have it owned by somebody on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast