Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Ignis - ugly but pokey!

soche

Suzuki Ignis - ugly but pokey!

Looks like a box but its cheap with a combined 34mpg!

http://www.suzuki4.co.uk/ignis_sport...t_framset.html

Suzuki Ignis Sport
    1.5 VVT model (16v) / 107bhp / 0-62 in 8.9s
    ABS, discs all round
    driver and front pass airbags, side impact beams
    £8999 on the road with 1 yrs free insurance

XScaPE
    had a look at this when the old man bought a grand vitara.
    recaros are comfy, this particular one (yellow) looked like a margarine tub on white rims. but it seemed to work ok.

the sales guy said it outperformed his golf (unsure what model he had though - some people will do anything for a sale though)

Puntogt2b
    these are meant to perform well, i think evo rate them.

murfy
    my mate has just got one of these and they are pretty quick. It looks o.k from some angles but pig ugly from others.
    I had a race with him the other day and it was a comfortable win even tho my car was running shite due to a cheapo air filter!
    they sound nice tho but the are pretty similar to a standard punto with regard to body roll. and they need to be revved to get anything out of them.
    i took one for a very long test drive and i got back in my gt and floored it and i nearly shat myself!!!

Punto know it all
    girlfriends mum has the 1.3 version.

murfy
    not bad little cars and they do handle pretty well and they are DIRT CHEAP. my mate got one with 4k on the clock for just over 6k!!!

soche
    £9k with 1 yrs insurance

test driving tomorrow at 12...(after a C2 VTR and beforea Clio 182) hopefully they'll give me the keys

Even if they dont I'll rag the **** out of it!

murfy
    9k???? he got his cheap cos it was a demo car..
    i rekon the 1.5 engine could easily be tuned cos its pretty stifled! he put my k&n on his and it made a HUGE difference. strange really cos its supposed to be a rally bred car....

i wouldnt even think about driving the other two , get the 182!!

in electric blue with those dark alloys. sexy as fcuk!!!

Punto Enthusiast

been done before

One of the members has been out in this before, check out his post below for info.

Just come back from a test drive in the new suzuki ignis sport. hmmmm
    not to sure about it . I knew it wasnt going to be as fast as my GT but i thought it would make me smile because its so small and aparrently a rally derived car.

first off , the car is packed with equpment for the price.

15 alloys
    disks all round
    cd/mp3 player
    leather everything
    recaro seats (a dream to sit in, so much better than the gt)
    1.5 vvti "tuned" engine.

And the price is superb. they want £8500 for a brand new one or £6995 for an ex demo car with 2k on the clock.

i took it for a GOOD drive (i think the guy was getting a bit worried because we ended up towards the brecon beacons).

It is soooooooo lacking in torque, you only really notice a pull at around 3500rpm and it runs out of puff at about 6k. the car is rather high up and suffers from quite a bit of chassis bending and body roll.

When i managed to get the hang of it i have to admit it was very nice to drive, pretty quick, lots of grip and lovely driving position.

I took a few nice bends and i am sure the back end started twitching , not a hint of understeer!!

I got it up to about 110mph and it was very noisey but stable.

overall a pretty good drive AND THEN.......

Got back in my gt , started it up , put my foot down and fcuk me it was like driving a jet fighter!!!!
    I will have to take slow cars for test drives more often because i am well happy with my punto now !!!!

Punto know it all
    c2 vtr is quite a nice shape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast