Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has a GT cost you?

Punto Enthusiast

What has a GT cost you?

Hello all. I'm thinking about getting a Punto GT Turbo within the next 2 years if i can sort out a full time job.! But im worried what it will cost me alot to keep. Just woundering what you guys have spent to maintain your GT in a year. Your needs not your wants.

Just a rough est... Thank you

Punto Sports Club Member
    I have had my Gt for a year and its cost me an oil change, new oil filter/ fuel filter/ plugs (all out of choice) and a new MOT. Thats it.

So £100

If you buy a shitter, it will cost you long term.

Punto Enthusiast
    Oh nice, i am thinking about it big time. Just that my girlfriend and I will have like 2/3 years ncb in 3/4 months. Well she has but i will be a named driver. And be very cheap. Just worried really, as its my luck i would buy 1 for like £1,200-£1,500 and something would go wrong with it. Then cost me megga bucks.

Punto Sports Club Member
    they are getting old, things are bound to go wrong.

Punto Enthusiast
    Its all common sense really just like any car you buy ie reg service ,MOTs ,and the amount of drivers its had etc etc Danny and the normal body wear and chassis check but as said they are getting old and being GTs some of them have been thrashed or molested .You are better off buying from either this site or an independent car dealers making sure they have some kind of warranty so you have some come back .

i really would advise against buying from dealers...

the cars are usually from a auction and the 'warranty's they have often have very good get out clauses and very often 'UP to £400' etc, meaning a percentage of the repairs.

Punto Lover

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Coakley17 View Post
    Hello all. I'm thinking about getting a Punto GT Turbo within the next 2 years if i can sort out a full time job.! But im worried what it will cost me alot to keep. Just woundering what you guys have spent to maintain your GT in a year. Your needs not your wants.

Just a rough est... Thank you
    iv had my gt1 since may last year so far its cost me £4260, had 1 owner from new and was a 64 year old man, came with years mot full tax and full sevice history month down the line head gasket went along with the tubby so went full seb4 all new gaskets,water pump ect.. every part was pretty much new and still got problems with it now car itself cost me £1400 that price above is including new tt25 tubby,seb4 chip,cam labour etc... as said try and find a good one

mine cost me 800 with full service history years mot and 6months tax on 69k

its cost me about 300 so far thats me rebuilding the engine as well

if you dont have money to spend dont buy one its easier if your handy with a spanner as that will save you a lot

Punto Enthusiast
    Thanks for the comments guys. I think i may have to pass on buying one then. They are getting out dated but i do prefer the mk1 to the mk2, i will end up keeping mine for atleast another year maybe two after getting the head gasket done, cambelt etc... I'm just happpy its getting me from A to B. But i do like a fast car. My previous car was a Pug 206 1.4lx and a Saxo 1.6 16v VTS! And where i have downgraded on something which costs me nothing on petrol and parts i now miss a fast car.

Punto know it all
    I paid about £500 for the doner for the trooper, not a sausage gone wrong with it... Touch wood!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast