Thread: My GT

Welsh Events Organiser

My GT

copied directly from Pistonheads:

I've finally decided to sell my pride and joy. I've owned this car for close to 2 years now but due to me mainly using the car for short journeys and to get to work, I don't get the chance to enjoy it as much as I used to. I am an active member with the Punto sports club (www.puntosports.co.uk)as was the previous owner.
    The car has been extremely reliable, starts first time every time, has never overheated and holds good oil pressure, with 3bar+ on the o.e. gauge when cold and 2 bar when warm at idle.
    Since owning the car I have carried out a fair few modifications to it along with those already on there from the previous owner. I've probably forgotten quite a bit to be honest but these are the main ones that come to mind:
    Exterior: Keskin KT5 (rare 6 spoke version) 15 x 8J alloys, lowered 35mm on spax adjustable damping fronts, and G-max fixed damping rears, Ebc Brake discs and brand new Mintex 1144 fast road pads, front strut brace, Abarth rear apron and spoiler (genuine plastic items), The whole car has been de-locked with the bump strips colour coded all round, Morrette Headlights, 6000K HID kit, De-badged bonnet, modified front bumper to accommodate the front mounted intercooler.
    Interior: Fiat Coupe 20VT Leather front and rear seats (The headrests require attention as the previous owner of them fitted LCD monitors in the back. I have only had the interior a few weeks and have not had a chance to have them repaired.) Nomad twin pillar pod with autogauge boost and oil temp gauges, 3rd gauge (afr) fitted to centre of dash, Turbo timer, parcel shelf has a set of 6*9's fitted to it, Bonalume Shortshifter, and Lockwood white dials.
    Engine: various mods to the engine bay, would take far too long to list them all, the basics are the FMIC, enlarged boost piping (Pre-intercooler), Full downpipe back 2.25" custom exhaust system, custom made air intake with stainless mesh filter, Baileys D/V, Dawes Multi-stage boost controller set at a low/high setting of 8/20PSI (simple rocker switch in front of gearstick). This car has been mapped by Leighton of FC Tuning to produce 179BHP and 187LB/FT on high boost with safe, correct fuelling. I have the power and fuelling printouts from the dyno run after it was mapped (only just over a month ago). The car previously ran a SEB2 chip and produced 172BHP.
    The car is just about to reach 100k now, but is used as my daily driver. It doesn't knock, bang or smoke and is actually now the quietest GT I've owned. The turbo is strong, has a tiny miniscule amount of side-to-side play, no in-and-out play at all. The gearbox has a slight whine but has done this since I've owned the car without getting worse, all gears select perfectly and produced 156bhp at the wheels on the dyno so is not losing power, hence why it's never been an issue.
    The car is serviced every 3k with silkolene fully synthetic 10w50 oil and genuine fiat oil filter. The gearbox has fully synthetic silkolene oil changed last year, brand new NGK plugs bought yesterday, fuel filter etc.
    The engine has had the Head gasket done earlier this year due to a slight water leak at the front of the block. The head was in good condition with no cracks (common weak point on the GT), the car did not overheat and the gasket did not go between cylinders, just leaked a small amount of water. I fitted a new cam at the same time and all valve clearances have been shimmed up within tolerances. It now uses no oil or water. The timing belt, alternator belt and all tensioners were replaced at the same time. Clutch was done at 77k, various bits and pieces have been replaced (huge folder of receipts). It has a full service history up to 50k; I bought it at 75k.
    The car is always warmed up and allowed to cool without fail, which is why it rarely sees any boost anymore. Oil is always up to temp (75degrees c) before high boost is used.

The bodywork is not perfect; the car is 11 years old after all. There's a small dent in the rear quarter, been there since I owned the car, the bonnet was resprayed after it was keyed and the paint job was not very good. The car has been resprayed before I bought it and was not prepped properly, leading to some small bits of paint peeling off around the aerial and tiny amount on the bootlid. There's also a dent on the roof, not very noticeable, that has been there since I've owned the car again, has never really bothered me. A few surface marks here and there from parking in the car park at work. Overall it is in good condition as you can see from the pictures and looks brilliant after a coat of polish.
    The car will have 12 months MOT and is currently taxed until the end of November
    I think that's just about it, any questions feel free to ring me as I'm sure there's plenty I have missed out. No timewasters, this is a genuine car and I have been 100% honest in my description. I am looking for a mk4 Golf Gt Tdi130, no other part ex's. Please feel free to come and view the car, no test pilots though, I will drive unless you have valid insurance cover provided on the day.

PM me for my number if interested, looking for £1700 ono

couple of pics, few more on my pistonheads ad:

Welsh Events Organiser
    passed the MOt today with no problems, may well be sold soon, been offered a deposit by the guy i bought it off 2 years ago

Welsh Events Organiser
    Deposit now taken, car will be gone in 3 weeks to the previous owner

Welsh Events Organiser
    Its Gone