Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Punto Legends

Most of the owners, were/are proper petrol heads/car enthusiasts.

Made the effort, put in the money, gave it their time. Probably shows because most if not all sold up to go onto something far better, even more wild, etc etc.

what about davethetrikes supercharged 1.2?

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz0_0 View Post
    what about davethetrikes supercharged 1.2?
    Good shout!

Well Rich, you're right, I do always have an opinion, and I think that Superdan has just hit the nail on the head. It's to do with the owners. The one thing we all have in common is our love for cars (aswell as being able to insult anyone and everyone at will) - and Dean, you can say that mine was only popular in my eyes, but you only have to look around the forum to realise that it still gets a mention when discussing high powered cars past and present, even though by todays standards it's only comparable to SEB4 power.

It's an interesting topic/debate, something I've often thought about.

please dont think im knocking you down, just my opinion, only a select few ever mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto Sports Club Member
    I think Dan's opinion is part of the reason. Not the sole reason.

Good debate though. Listed some classics. Must be a few more?

Brummy bummer
    I think hearing about them so much on here cements their "legendary" status. For example, look at the Mint, good looking, fast but nothing ground-breaking and yet it's considered a legend and loved by many (well, was) even after its short time with Dan.

Then you have that 300bhp 1400 Philg's mate has. Technically brilliant, but never a mention on here apart from that one thread. No-one's mentioned it in this thread yet and I doubt any consider it a legend.

Punto know it all
    It's all just opinion.
    If you like something, you remember it, if you remember it your likely to bring it back up in conversation later. Well documented would be a better term than ledgendary.
    Paul75sx's Punto springs to mind, I liked it, remembered it and just talked about it now, years later. It wouldn't say it was ledgendary, simply a car on here I had more inspiration from due to being well documented by it's owner.

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpunto View Post
    It's all just opinion.
    If you like something, you remember it, if you remember it your likely to bring it back up in conversation later. Well documented would be a better term than ledgendary.
    Paul75sx's Punto springs to mind, I liked it, remembered it and just talked about it now, years later. It wouldn't say it was ledgendary, simply a car on here I had more inspiration from due to being well documented by it's owner.
    Afraid I don't agree. This is different to what you're describing. The above cars are liked and remembered by a strong majority, not just two or three people.

Punto know it all
    I wasn't argueing the judgement that how many people could recall a car is directly revalant on how Elite it should be, I'm talking about how well a project is documented on here is a direct consequence of how long something stays in our minds.
    Debo's list in the OP, I remember pretty much all of those Puntos, some I remember better than others simply because there was more reading material on those cars. Whilst a few of those where a 'legend' of their day MY OPINION sees me disagreeing that all of those are the ultimate Puntos of PSC.
    Basially you are saying my opinion on what is a legend on here is wrong becuase only myself and 2 others can also remember those threads gone by and enjoyed the thoughts of reading them. Could I round up 5 or more members to disagree with one of Debo's suggestions and declassify that car's status. No, it's all personal opinion. Until it's a full dictatorship.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast