Thread: your opinion on my car (new arches)

Punto Lover

your opinion on my car (new arches)

now my mini has been debumperd and i hate the way the front arches sit flush with the body. the idea was to get the arches filled in where the bumpers are meant to sit in (you can see in the pic where the bumpers are ment to hide the digouts?)but now im thinking about ditching the arches all together

im going coilovers soon so it will be sitting nice and low and also most probally fwd r1 lump next year so was thinking of having a set of miglia arches (seen in pic below) sitting fairly high up the wing? i had a set years ago in REAL! carbon fiber but i sold them as i sold my old mini and to this day i sitll regret it!!!
    (also they would be body colour)
    heres the arches im looking at getting

and heres mine

what do you think?

keep mine are just get gaps filled in or new set front arches? (ones on red mini)

Punto know it all
    both look good! i cant decide between em!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    now my mini has been debumperd and i hate the way the front arches sit flush with the body. the idea was to get the arches filled in where the bumpers are meant to sit in (you can see in the pic where the bumpers are ment to hide the digouts?)but now im thinking about ditching the arches all together

im going coilovers soon so it will be sitting nice and low and also most probally fwd r1 lump next year so was thinking of having a set of miglia arches (seen in pic below) sitting fairly high up the wing? i had a set years ago in REAL! carbon fiber but i sold them as i sold my old mini and to this day i sitll regret it!!!
    (also they would be body colour)
    heres the arches im looking at getting

and heres mine

what do you think?

keep mine are just get gaps filled in or new set front arches? (ones on red mini)
    As you have had both a GT and a Mini which one do you prefer? I have always wanted a mini but due to being in a band i could never get my gear in them.

They both look great by the way!

Punto Enthusiast
    Please please keep them the way they are,

I love the look of your mini as it is and its the best ive seen in a long time as more and more of them i see are looking their age

ive seen a few with the arches cut and imo it makes the car look unfinished and untidy

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwedo View Post
    As you have had both a GT and a Mini which one do you prefer? I have always wanted a mini but due to being in a band i could never get my gear in them.

They both look great by the way!
    i cant say that! lol

they both great lil cars! mini is just 100% pure toy hence why i only get it out in the summer. its not nice to drive in rain ect but its just so fun to drive and pretty dam quick! you surprise allot of people which is funny. i get everyone looking at it going around town and people always asking me questions when parking and even making me silly offers to buy it

Punto is a great car again so i cant choose hence why i have both lol

go on get one! you wont regret it! (well you will if you get a shed) so if you do give it a GOOD check over im lucky and built mine so its 100% solid etc and has never let me down

cheers

IMO I like the arches on the red one (you got stop posting pic's of mini's now you making me want one lol)

Punto Enthusiast
    your one looks much better leave it r1 sounds good tho m8

Punto Lover
    ive got a set of those red arches i belive new and unused

Punto Lover
    keep the euro ones man.. the ones you have.. just fill them!!.. why not get a euro front bumper too? looks good in my opinion.. just love those minis man

Punto Lover
    im going to get them filled in and fitted a tad better round the front

i was really tempted to get a another set at weekend (ones on the red one) but after having a look behind the skirts the body shop have done a s*** job! and the paint is scratched and bent etc so going to try book it in start of august

euro front bumper?? ive had the bumpers removed and mounts taking off and smoothed i don't want to put a bumper on it again lol